Vice President of Engineering
MissionWired · Washington, DC; Remote-US
Public Service & Civic Engagement
Partners & Advocates
$150000 Per YearPosted 3 weeks ago
User Experience Design (UX)
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. This cycle, we're excited to support the DGA in flipping and protecting governorships across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate via our work with the DSCC, Sen. Raphael Warnock, Rep. Val Demings, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Sen. Maggie Hassan.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for a Vice President of Engineering to join us in bringing machine learning to online fundraising through our AdvantageAI product. The data pipelines you create will improve the lives of people throughout the world by empowering digital donors and activists to support our mission-driven clients. You’ll be driving positive change by leading a team of data scientists and engineers developing first-of-their-kind machine-learning products.
You’ll join an engineering team that is deeply devoted to inclusion, particularly in the following three areas:
Process: We create a context in which everyone is empowered to contribute.
Machine Learning: We are committed to identifying and removing bias from our algorithms.
Philanthropy: We empower diverse groups of individuals to participate in giving.
With us, you’ll put your skills to use for innovation that powers social good. We want your ideas and your leadership. Join us. Let's go!
You will be responsible for:
- Joining each and every one of your colleagues in creating an inclusive workspace;
- Developing and supporting the development of infrastructure for the optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources;
- Working to constantly improve data reliability and quality;
- Developing and enhancing the core models that power the AdvantageAI platform;
- Supporting digital donor acquisition and UX optimization;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to support their data infrastructure needs.
- 5+ years of professional experience in designing and implementing cloud-based data pipelines;
- Experience as a line manager of small or large teams of technologists;
- Experience deploying open source big data tools using AWS or other cloud services;
- Experience managing data warehouses and/or data lakes;
- Attention to detail;
- Intellectual curiosity for innovating ways to solve data management issues;
- Enthusiasm for acting as both an individual contributor and a leader of engineers.
- Working knowledge of Pandas and, ideally, PySpark;
- Experience deploying deep-learning models;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Salary floor for this role is $150,000+ per year, commensurate with experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!