Full-Stack Web Developer
MissionWired · Washington, DC; Remote-US
Public Service & Civic Engagement
Partners & Advocates
$70000 - $90000 Per YearPosted 2 months ago
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. This cycle, we're excited to support the DGA in flipping and protecting governorships across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate via our work with the DSCC, Sen. Raphael Warnock, Rep. Val Demings, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Sen. Maggie Hassan.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for a mid-level Full-Stack Web Developer with the ability to deliver compelling user experiences for internal stakeholders, clients, and the general public.
In this role, you’ll get to build productivity apps and data aggregation tools as well as beautiful, interactive web experiences. With us, you’ll put your skills to use for disruptive innovation that powers social good – everything from electing progressive leaders to combating global climate change. You’ll do it as part of a team of front-end developers and data scientists developing first-of-their-kind strategies and products. Join us.
In this role, you will:
- Collaboratively build internal-facing web applications that support productivity across our digital production, advertising, data science, strategy, and content teams;
- Partner with client teams to build web experiences that move supporters to share their story, take action, or donate;
- Play an active role in driving the product roadmap;
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer to develop, maintain, and secure the firm’s data and app infrastructure.
- Experience with one or more key back-end web technologies: Node.js, Python, PHP;
- Attention to detail;
- Intellectual curiosity to innovate solutions and achieve goals with code;
- Passion, energy, and excitement for progressive and philanthropic causes and all things digital.
- Experience with one or more key front-end frameworks: React, AngularJS;
- Experience extracting data from public APIs;
- Experience developing for Wordpress or other popular CMS platforms;
- Experience managing resources through Amazon Web Services or another cloud provider;
- Experience analyzing and aggregating data with tools like SQL or Pandas (Python);
- Experience with source control, repository management, and code-reviewing collaboratively using git;
- Experience building nifty web-based productivity apps;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!