MissionWired · Washington, DC; Remote-US
Public Service & Civic Engagement
Partners & Advocates
$70000 - $90000 Per YearPosted 2 months ago
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. This cycle, we're excited to support the DGA in flipping and protecting governorships across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate via our work with the DSCC, Sen. Raphael Warnock, Rep. Val Demings, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Sen. Maggie Hassan.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to join us in identifying, developing and project-managing custom solutions for our partners, including members of our cutting-edge acquisition platform, AdvantageAI. In this work, you’ll help create custom solutions that enable our world-changing nonprofit partners and leading Democratic campaigns and committees to achieve their goals and fund their missions. You’ll work collaboratively with the most dynamic and generous colleagues you’ll find anywhere.
You’ll join an engineering team that is deeply devoted to inclusion, particularly in the following three areas:
Process: We create a context in which everyone is empowered to contribute.
Machine Learning: We are committed to identifying and removing bias from our algorithms.
Philanthropy: We empower diverse groups of individuals to participate in giving.
With us, you’ll put your skills to use for innovation that powers social good. We want your ideas and your leadership. Join us. Let's go.
You will be responsible for:
- Joining each and every one of your colleagues in creating an inclusive workspace;
- Working closely with the data team to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly;
- Providing detailed specifications for proposed solutions, including time and scope involved;
- Consulting on big data architecture; implementing proof of concepts for strategic customer projects, data science and machine learning projects; and validating integrations with cloud services;
- Working to constantly improve data reliability and quality;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to support their data infrastructure needs.
- 3+ years of professional experience with software engineering, customer experience and design architecture;
- Familiarity with big data tools using AWS or other cloud services;
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes;
- Professional work experience in analyzing computer hardware and software;
- Ability to program in Python;
- Up-to-date understanding of best practices regarding system security measures;
- Attention to detail;
- Intellectual curiosity to innovate on ways to solve data management issues.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- Project development and leadership skills;
- Working knowledge of Pandas and ideally PySpark;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!