Senior Data Scientist
Evolent Health · Remote (USA)
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Sr. Data Scientist will support the building of AI products in an Agile fashion that empowers healthcare payers, providers, and members to quickly process medical data to make informed decisions and overall reduce health care costs. As a research scientist/engineer part of the Data Science team, you will be working primarily on structured and unstructured data to build statistical and machine learning applications to support various use cases around Claims, Payments, Clinical, Administration, Patient Care, and Fraud in Healthcare. These applications include but are not limited to computer vision, understanding the contents of the medical documents using natural health language processing techniques, Structured data in data warehouses, and integrating the processes into the overall AI pipeline and enterprise platforms. The Applications will be used dually for real-time operational processes with both automated and human-based decision making as well as contribute to reducing healthcare administrative costs, reducing the burden on Providers from administrative work, and improving the care of the patients while reducing overall fraud, waste, and Abuse in Healthcare. We work with all major cloud and big data vendors offerings including but not limited to (Azure, AWS, Google, IBM, etc.) to achieve AI goals in healthcare and support Evolent business.
- Develop Statistical, Machine learning, and AI-related products to support Evolent Health business objectives, products and improve processing efficiency, reducing overall healthcare costs
- Gather external data sets; build synthetic data, label data sets, and do Data engineering as per the needs for projects
- Apply software engineering skills and Cloud-native solutions to build ML/AI products to improve automation and improve user experiences leveraging structured/unstructured data, machine learning approach, distributed and cloud computing platforms
- Build the Machine Learning and AI products — from platforms to systems for model training, versioning, deploying, storage, and testing models with creating real-time feedback loops to fully automated services
- Work closely and collaborate with Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, IT teams, and Business stakeholders spread out across various locations in the US and India to achieve business goals
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- MS degree or above in Computer Science, Statistics & Mathematics, Physics, or related STEM fields
- 3+ years of Industry experience related to Data engineering, Data Exploration, Statistical Analysis and building Machine learning models
- Strong understanding of mathematical concepts including but not limited to linear algebra, advanced calculus, partial differential equations, and statistics including Bayesian approaches
- Strong programming experience including understanding of concepts in data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
- Good understanding and experience with traditional data science approaches like sampling techniques, feature engineering, classification, and regressions, SVM, trees, model evaluations, anomaly, Fraud detection
- Experience with developing and deploying products in production with experience in twoor more of the following languages (Python, C++, Java, Scala)
- Strong Unix/Linux background and experience with at least one of the following cloud vendors like AWS, Azure, and Google in multiple services
- Strong Data Visualizations skills to build dashboards and very good communication skills to present to a wider audience
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Experience with computer vision and natural language
- Prior experience working in Health care industry
- Medical concepts with codes from standard ontologies (SNOMED CT, LOINC, RxNorm, ICD, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes and dockers
- Experience building REST APIs for AI work and knowledge of microservices architecture
- Experience working with team members spread globally.
During the current pandemic Evolent employees are working remotely from home. As such we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status