XPRIZE Foundation · Remote (USA)
XPRIZE is a global future-positive movement of over 1M people and rising, delivering truly radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity. For over 25 years, XPRIZE has used competitions as the most efficient way to leverage philanthropic investment for impact and an exponential return, in some cases multiplying prize purses 10x – 50x. The first-ever XPRIZE competition, the $10 Million Ansari XPRIZE for sub-orbital spaceflight, captured the world’s imagination and catalyzed a multi-billion-dollar commercial private space industry. XPRIZE most recently made headlines by launching the largest incentive prize in history, $100 Million XPRIZE Carbon Removal funded by Elon Musk and the Musk Foundation on Earth Day 2021, with a goal to rebalance Earth’s carbon cycle. In total, XPRIZE has launched 25 competitions with more than $293 Million in prize purses. Join XPRIZE to help create a better future for everyone, everywhere.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the XPRIZE team, with a proven background product design for web, mobile software product offerings. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to define requirements specifications, create straightforward visuals as needed to convey requirements, and be comfortable operating in an agile development environment. This is a highly visible role and a great opportunity for an experienced product design specialist to change the future as XPRIZE redefines what is possible through focused global competitions. You will work in a highly collaborative environment supporting world-class scientists and engineers in their quest to change the world
This role works closely with the XPRIZE team leads and engineering teams to develop detailed design requirements and user stories toward the creation of products that will serve internal XPRIZE stakeholders (marketing, prize operations) as well as external XPRIZE community members (competitive teams, sponsors, and alumni).
Specific duties include:
- Develop a deep understanding of our core platform and product portfolio to not only understand what stakeholders are asking for, but also to suggest alternative approaches that may better meet XPRIZE overall needs.
- Help prioritize product features based on business and stakeholder impact.
- Develop detailed product requirements for new platform capabilities and feature improvements.
- Drive daily tracking of priorities and progress against spring deliverables. Update tracking system as needed.
- 5+ years demonstrated product management or product owner work experience.
- Experience successfully building products that are widely adopted within the enterprise, as well as external.
- Highly experienced in creating user stories, drafting detailed requirements specifications, and illustrative examples, to facilitate rapid development by engineering team members.
- Comfortable with Jira, Confluence, and product development tools (i.e., wire framing and rapid prototyping).
- Must have a solid understanding of agile software development and web technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
- BS in computer science, industrial and/or product design.
PERSONALABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Possesses a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Understands the big picture while not losing site of critical detail
- Has a strong ability to apply logic and common sense to clarify and express necessary choices and changes to user experiences
- Has a solid grasp of industry best experiences on web and mobile
- Outstanding ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels, but especially between users and technology team members
- Collaborative approach; appreciation and enjoyment of working as part of a team
- Exceptional organizational abilities; aggressive attention to detail
- Rigorous time management skills
- Excellent prioritization and ability to multi-task
- Personable, professional, and approachable demeanor
To apply please fill out the following form: https://airtable.com/shrTzgJXzpTzlXTSU
The XPRIZE Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to the XPRIZE Foundation implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Talent Acquisitions representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checks.