Software Engineer, Voice/Text Communications
Swiftly · San Francisco, CA or Remote
Human Rights & EqualityPosted 3 weeks ago
Swiftly is a mission-driven company and a big data platform for transportation. The platform weaves data analytics, intuitive visualizations, and real-time predictive technologies into applications that drive smarter decisions for public transit agencies. Today, over 5,500 transit professionals in over 100 cities across the globe use Swiftly to improve transportation for over 1.5 billion passenger trips per year.
Engineering at Swiftly
Engineering at Swiftly is not only about writing code – we believe in creating empowered product teams that work together to conceptualize new features and bring them to life. Each team aims to strike a balance between delivering incremental improvements, creating prototypes to test new ideas and mitigate risks, and building scalable software using industry best practices. We’re guided by a mission to positively impact transit riders, and we embrace humility and intentionality in how we make technical decisions so that we best meet our customers’ needs.
About the Role
We are looking for someone experienced with browser-based voice/text communications, for example using technologies such as WebRTC. You will join our team responsible for building products that transit agencies use to manage day-to-day operations. This is an exciting new space for us that could include transmitting to and receiving data from IoT devices on vehicles, building product solutions for text or voice communications between dispatchers and drivers, or contributing to a SaaS platform for agencies to actively manage their transit network (routes, schedule, etc.) in real-time. Your team will solve real problems for transit agencies that result in improved transit reliability and quality.
If you are experienced with voice/text communications, we encourage you to apply if you meet half or more of the below requirements and are excited to learn about the rest. Above all else, we value candidates who have a positive attitude and the aptitude to learn the requisite skills. We know the tech landscape is ever-changing and strongly support individual growth. If this is exciting to you, then we'd love to talk!
Swiftly's office is located in San Francisco, CA. We are open to local or US based remote hires for this role. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time. #LI-Remote
- Work closely with designers, product managers, and fellow engineers to build products that delight our customers
- Validate feasibility of cloud-based voice and text communications solutions by suggesting technologies and building prototypes to test and evaluate them
- Partner with your teammates to build production-quality cloud-based SaaS applications
- Help your team make progress on our product vision by delivering incremental value — anticipating dependencies and breaking down work into smaller batches — and then identifying and improving bottlenecks as our data volume grows
- Seek feedback on system designs by identifying technical tradeoffs, presenting proposed solutions in a clear way, and documenting decisions
- Strive to embody software best practices in your work and proliferate them through teamwork, mentoring, and code reviews
- Apply principles of observability to ensure communications systems remain highly available with a low mean-time-to-recovery by incorporating monitoring, logging, alerting and metrics displayed in-product
You'd be a good fit if...
- You have 3+ years of software engineering experience
- You have experience building real-time voice/text communications into a product or platform (e.g. using WebRTC and/or platforms like Twilio)
- You've worked with a modern frontend framework (e.g. Vue, React) with some exposure to mobile development
- Bonus if you have experience building the backend layer of real-time systems (e.g. WebSockets, publish/subscribe systems, inter-process communication such as gRPC, APIs, etc.)
- You are excited to be part of a mission-driven company. Regardless of your why, it is important that you care about the work we do.
- You embrace a mindset of continuous learning – helping both yourself and those around you adapt as technology constantly evolves
- You love solving problems and are able to learn in a self-directed way through reading documentation, trial-and-error, etc.
- You are a dynamic team player and seek to make valuable contributions wherever it is most-needed at any given time to support your team's goals
- You’re open to receiving feedback (a core Swiftly value!), approach technical debates with humility, and participate in blameless postmortems when things go wrong
- Bonus if familiar with our tech stack (see below)
About our Frontend Stack
The more familiarity you have with our existing technology stack the better, but we do not expect applicants to have familiarity with all the technologies we use. Technologies are always evolving, and accordingly we seek to constantly adapt as it makes sense to do so. The following is provided simply to provide a sense of where we are currently.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for every employee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
- Monthly Education Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work environment
- 17 paid holidays - including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2021
- 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us why you're passionate about our mission and what interests you about Swiftly!
We are an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.