Backend Software Engineer - Revenue
Life360 · Remote (USA)
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
Life360 is on a mission to bring families closer— and that starts with ensuring that loved ones are safe and secure. That’s why millions of families across 140 countries trust Life360 to keep them connected each day, and in life’s unpredictable moments.
From real-time location sharing and notifications, to driving safety features like Crash Detection and Roadside Assistance, we create tools that remove uncertainty from modern life — so families can feel free, together.
About the Job
Come join us as we build the next evolution of our Revenue backend to service growing our web and international markets. We will be leveraging our experience from the PHP monolith to create new java microservices that services our mobile clients today, systematizing the service alongside our Architecture team, and enabling our Product team to move fast as we expand the business.
Together, we will build systems that are strong and reliable to uphold a heavy load, yet malleable to fit many product demands.
What You’ll Do
- Lead coordinated efforts alongside mobile and web engineers
- Design and develop Cloud code in Java and PHP
- Mentor other developers that are trying to grow
- Build technical specs with Staff engineers
- Help test engineers automate validating our components
- Defend the frontline during on-call rotations
- Help build java microservices
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years of professional experience working on Cloud code
- Proficient in Java microservice development (Spring Boot), and hopefully know PHP
- Understand how to deploy systems, ideally with kubernetes
- Diligent in implementing services that last outwards to a year
- Adaptive to working on various aspects of our system for different teams
- Communicate effectively with cross-platform teammates
- Experience with these technologies: AWS (EC2, EKS, DynamoDB, Kinesis), databases (MySql)
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental wellness.
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Build A High Performing Team – Communicate Directly, Be a Good Person
- Make Things Happen – Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience – Users Come First, Quality & Craftsmanship
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.