Senior Data Engineer
Life360 · Remote (USA)
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
Life360 is on a mission to bring families closer— and that starts with ensuring that loved ones are safe and secure. That’s why millions of families across 140 countries trust Life360 to keep them connected each day, and in life’s unpredictable moments.
From real-time location sharing and notifications, to driving safety features like Crash Detection and Roadside Assistance, we create tools that remove uncertainty from modern life — so families can feel free, together.
About the Job
We collect and process several hundred Billion location points, over a hundred billion user events, and billions of miles on a monthly basis. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will contribute to enhancing and maintaining our data processing and storage pipelines/workflows for external and internal data consumers. You should have a strong engineering background and even more importantly a desire to take ownership of our data systems to make them world class.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop resilient pipelines using a variety of different technologies.
- Manage our data from ingestion through ETL to storage and batch processing.
- Automate, test and harden all data workflows.
- Architect logical and physical data models to ensure the needs of the business are met.
- Participate in rotational on-call support and provide ongoing maintenance of all data infrastructure.
- Be part of a fast growing data team handling massive scale with tons of automation.
- Provide innovative solutions to challenging data projects and proof of concepts.
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 4+ years of experience working with high volume data infrastructure.
- Experience with AWS data related services.
- Extensive experience programming in one of the following languages: Python / Java.
- Experience in data modeling, optimizing SQL queries, and system performance tuning.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the latest open source and data frameworks.
- Experience evaluating industry trends and technologies.
- Always be learning and staying up to speed with the fast moving data world.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental wellness.
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Build A High Performing Team – Communicate Directly, Be a Good Person
- Make Things Happen – Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience – Users Come First, Quality & Craftsmanship
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.