Engineering Manager, Software
Rad Power Bikes · Seattle, WA
EnvironmentPosted 1 month ago
Why We’re RAD (about us):
Rad Power Bikes, America’s largest electric bike brand, is on a mission to get people onto bikes that are built for everything and priced for everyone.
Our company is a driving force behind the e-bike market expansion in North America, and we’re growing rapidly. We have aggressive plans to expand our global footprint and plan to more than double in size by the end of 2021.
We are looking for RADICAL people to join our global teams: Responsible, Approachable, Diverse, Innovative, Customer-Driven, Accountable, and always Learning.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager, Software who will be responsible for fostering highly scalable, test-driven coding standards amongst various product teams. A balance between player and coach, this person would be responsible for hiring, retaining and growing our Rad engineering talent base.
Why You’re RAD (about you):
- 5+ years building and managing high performing engineering teams in the consumer space. Managed managers or team leads before.
- Solid software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages; Python, Node, Ruby
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize the team's tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- Strong focus on user experience and accessibility. You are an undying advocate for the user, and you have a deep intuition for how people think and how they interact with software products.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- BS in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Experience with commercial product development with strong focus on user experiences
You get bonus points for:
- Experience working with Shopify’s systems and API
- Built and maintained a Node or Python based GraphQL API
- Experience and a strong background in all things AWS
- Experience with a headless architecture that involves an API based CMS and edge
- Networking hosting provider to deliver a PWA experience
- Open-source contributions or have personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
- Project management experience
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Mentored, hired and led a high-calibre team of product engineers.
- Motivated and inspired your team to deliver best in class solutions for our internal/external Rad customers
- Worked closely with Program Managers and Designers to create engineering plans including timeframes, milestones and quality, reliability and performance goals
- Worked cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering managers to plan product and business strategy, and to build novel products and features that our internal and external riders love to use.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks, and generally helping out wherever is needed.
- Set and enable a culture of metrics led execution, with efficient processes and strong levels of transparency.
Working at Rad is built around our RADICAL values - we are:
- Responsible to our environment, community, partners, and team
- Accountable, we take ownership, bias to action, seek and provide feedback
- Diverse, inclusive of experiences, backgrounds and skills, we value every voice
- Innovators, we challenge ourselves and the status quo, we are original
- Customer driven, completely, we do the right thing for our riders
- Approachable, kind, we collaborate and are always willing to help
- Learners, we grow our skills, we are humble and seek to improve
Does this sound like you? Please apply and join us!
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or [email protected]
Recruitment Agencies: We partner with 3rd party recruitment resources as needed. If we require assistance on this search we will contact selected partners directly; we do not accept unsolicited candidate submissions.