Director of Product, E-Commerce
TerraCycle · Trenton, NJ
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 21 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in recycling and reuse. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally, and has been highlighted in some of the world's most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
In 2019, TerraCycle launched Loop, a global reuse system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondelez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is available in the U.S, France, Canada, Japan, the UK and will be in Australia early next year.
With consistent year-over-year growth our digital team is expanding rapidly, and we are seeking eCommerce professionals who are passionate about customer experience and driving sales, enthusiastic about design and innovation, and driven in achieving both personal and company goals.
We’re seeking a Director of Product, eCommerce to drive initiatives for product enhancements and develop roadmaps to guide our product development teams to success. The Director of Product, eCommerce will collaborate with leaders across departments to shape user experience strategies to drive e-commerce success, while delivering on KPIs and maintaining a best-in-class technology experience for consumers.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional leader with strong experience in a start-up environment. We need someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and who confidently takes initiative in developing innovative product.
In this role, you will:
- Guide product managers, remove roadblocks, lead product initiatives, and work collaboratively with the centralized marketing team and various business teams
- Lead the development of roadmaps and user stories and scenarios
- Lead user testing to gather feedback and suggest product enhancements to improve user experience
- Continually assess technology, experience, and methodology developments to ensure best-in- class and highly-efficient experiences and product development processes
- Partner closely with different business teams and leaders to align product strategy with company strategy; set and measure against KPIs including conversion rate, AOV and overall revenue targets
- Incorporate customer insights into strategic recommendations and development of testing strategy
- Create product documentation to help internal and external stakeholders understand how our technology and processes work
- Work with a ‘start-up’ mentality to test, iterate, and scale initiatives under an accelerated time frame, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or relevant field
- 7+ years product development experience; track-record of building exceptional digital product in a start-up environment.
- Strong knowledge of web and mobile design and web user experiences
- Successful experience developing and driving eCommerce platforms that align with or exceed market trends and standards for UI/UX
- Demonstrated ability to drive and implement enhancements through test-and-learn and best- practices
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent analytical skills and confidence leveraging data to drive decisions
- Sketching/wire-framing skills preferred
- Strong self-motivation and problem-solving skills; willingness to be hands-on
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative mindset and comfort communicating product concepts to all stakeholders
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- Company subsidized medical and insurance plan
- Company matched 401(k) contributions (US Only)
Note: International candidates must hold a valid US or Canada working permit.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.