Apeel Sciences · Santa Barbara, CA/Remote (USA)
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 required, unless you qualify for a federally protected exemption.
About This Role
We are seeking a motivated, collaborative and detail-oriented Product Manager to be responsible for new product introductions with new customers in new regions. Working within Apeel’s Product Life Cycle process and an on-site Product Development team, you will provide the voice of the customer, set requirements and ensure a successful product for our customers. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to meet deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
This role can be remote until the end of this year, after which point you will be expected to be on-site 2 days per week. It will also require up to 25% travel (domestic and international).
What You'll Do
- Create and manage new products using Apeel’s Product Life Cycle process - driving execution, removing roadblocks, stepping in as an individual contributor for others, and making swift judgement calls when teams are at an impasse
- Utilize consumer insights as a key driver in designing products that meet consumer needs
- Author Market Requirement (MRD) and Product Requirement Documents (PRD)
- Determine the value creation of Apeel’s technology for new produce categories
- Understand the supplier’s quality and operational requirements, business needs, and challenges
- Understand the retailer’s business drivers, opportunities, and challenges
- Create successful development, validation, launch and scaling plans along with our Technology, Operations, Sales and Marketing teams
- Be the "face of the product" during launch and sustaining phases, supporting the Sales team with product expertise
- Provide new product opportunities and product value propositions to the Product team
- Promote a strong team working environment and culture with high morale and productivity
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in product management or business development
- Experience with consumer products, CPG or DTC goods
- Demonstrated ownership and success in launching new products to market (end-to-end)
- Experience leading multi-functional teams to meet deliverables
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills (customer and internal-facing)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and bias towards data driven decision-making
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and business judgment
- Inquisitive with a listening and learning mentality
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree
- Fluent in Spanish
Prior experience managing a product/category P&L
This position can be fully or partially remote (preferred). If working remotely, employees must be based in one of our payroll states:
AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WI
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.