Senior UX/UI Visual Designer
Retreat Guru · Remote
About Retreat Guru:
Our mission is to help people discover their own wisdom to realize a more compassionate world. We have two products: a consumer facing marketplace for retreats and a SaaS product for businesses who offer retreats. We are currently working on bringing these two products closer, creating a symbiotic relationship resulting in more people going on transformative retreats.
Retreat Guru respects your work-life balance, encourages you to meditate and go on retreats, because we know that care for you and others is of utmost importance. Working with Retreat Guru is an enticing blend of teamwork, personal development and tech. Our international team is more diverse and interesting than you might expect for a remote mountain town team. Wishing for a family-friendly work environment? We have you covered. Raising children (or pets) means you need to be there at odd times and often last minute, and your family should be your priority: flexible working hours and options to work remote or from home are all a part of our culture.
The Role in a nutshell:
Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain our users.
You combine your eye for intuitive design with intelligent user data to create fresh and effective approaches to the look, feel and function of our products. You have incredible attention to detail, move quickly, and demonstrate strong empathy for your audience. Your experience, both as a leader and a digital designer, allow you to competently advocate for your decisions—even unpopular ones. You have the experience to back it up and are able to synthesize complex products into simple and beautiful experiences.
You have at least five years of experience designing online and/or mobile consumer applications. Your portfolio is filled with creativity and shows a consistent progression of keeping ahead of trends in design. You lead by example, love rolling your shirt sleeves up, and are comfortable moving from ideation to prototype to high fidelity design.
- 5+ years professional experience designing online and/or mobile consumer applications
- Proven UX/UI experience with a strong portfolio that demonstrates your work.
- A broad understanding of web/mobile UI standards, usability, and practical experience in design and development of user interfaces for web and mobile applications.
- Proficiency with design/prototyping applications such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud & Adobe XD.
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills.
- Researching user behaviour, sharing the insights with others, and translating it into better performing experiences.
- Presenting ideas to the team and using your expertise and design leadership to get buy-in on new opportunities.
- Building visual systems and comprehensive UX/UI libraries to enable the engineering teams to move quickly and efficiently.
- Excited about transformation
- Curious and friendly—you love people and working on a team
- Organized and capable of prioritizing conflicting demands and tasks
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please do apply.
We've seen that passion goes a long way and that skills can be learned. Our company has evolved thanks to leveraging group wisdom, especially for problem-solving and creative thinking. The more diverse our group, the more able we are to truly serve the needs of our users and for that reason, we urge you to apply if this just might be a fit for you. Depending on experience we are
How to apply:
Email Michelle at [email protected] with your resume and optional cover letter explaining:
- Why you are interested in working with us
- What pay range and benefits you are looking for. We are able to offer between $85K-$120K CAD/yr.
- Include something random about you that we'd never know by looking at your linkedin or social media profiles.
- If you could attend any retreat, what would it be and why?
More information about our company is here: https://retreat.guru/about.