Sr Product Manager, Consumer
Better Place Forests · Remote (USA)
EnvironmentPosted 1 month ago
At Better Place Forests, we’re designing a better way to plan for the end of your life. As a founding member of the Product team, the Consumer Product Manager will drive the creation of a new suite of End of Life planning products that provide insight, peace of mind, and security to our customers and their families.
We’re looking for a seasoned Consumer PM who has built successful, high engagement digital products from an early stage through to high usage, and is ready to turn their experience and skills towards a world-changing mission – to inspire everyone to leave a meaningful legacy for the planet and the people they love.
- Build in a greenfield space: Create a groundbreaking new product that brings peace & fulfillment to millions of individuals & families who can now curate their end of life plans.
- Society-changing product: Fundamentally change the way people approach the end of their lives. Transform an event that people avoid thinking about & fear to one with which they take agency and actively engage in creating a lasting legacy.
- Environmental impact: Help people use their end of life to substantially improve the earth by protecting its forests.
- Ground-floor opportunity: Join as a founding member of the product team that will grow Better Place Forests to the #1 End of Life company in the world.
- Set the vision: Define an ambitious vision for a suite of consumer products that revolutionize the way people plan for end of life.
- Define the strategy: Identify “where to play and how to win”: find which customer segments, geographies, and features are the right combination to achieve the product’s goals.
- Define detailed requirements: Create Product Requirements Documents that capture a deeply detailed definition of the product.
- Drive accountability: Set clear KPIs to evaluate the success of your products, and drive a metrics-oriented culture in product decision making.
- Be a clarifier: Clearly communicate plans, insights, data and results to drive a crisp understanding of product direction.
- Seek the ground truth: Partner with Design, User experience research, Operations and Customer Support teams to seek insights on hidden user problems.
- Creative problem solving: Turn complex problems into solutions that feel simple and clean for customers. Challenge cross-functional teams (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Prioritization & Planning: Build a high ROI product roadmap that delivers the most value to customers in the shortest time possible.
- Design partner: Collaborate with design team and guide their investments for research, prototyping, experimentation, and overall design thinking
- Own the execution: Guide the cross-functional team to ship products on schedule, learn what’s working and what’s not, and iterate.
- Seasoned Consumer Product leader: Product management experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer-facing products that you're super proud of.
- Design sense: You have outstanding design instincts with a keen eye for detail. You have a track record of shipping products with intuitive designs that speak for customer care and value.
- Customer-obsessed: You tackle complex product challenges and simplify them to avoid making them the customer’s problem.
- Entrepreneurial: Always hustling & finding clever shortcuts, you quickly learn from failures and pivot to the next opportunity for success.
- Optimistic leadership: You energize your team with your own passion for the impact your product will have.
- Analytical: You find a way to get the data you need and craft it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Technically proficient: Your technical skills are deeper than surface level - you have collaborated with engineers in developing the technical architecture of the products you have built.
- Business-minded: You are passionate about building businesses, not features. You not only own the product metrics but also own and optimize business performance metrics.
- An excellent teammate: You are a humble servant-leader, ready to problem-solve with others. You can take the lead and have a great sense of what doing 'the right thing' is. You are an enabler, not a blocker. You seek to mentor and share your knowledge with others
Subject to Better Place Forests COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Medical (subsidized), dental, vision, and 401(k)
Memorial Tree credit
Family assistance program
Connectivity/mobile phone stipend
Our HQ to you - remote workstation
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Referral Program
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Fair Hiring Practices
At Better Place Forests, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status. We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to [email protected]. We will treat your request as confidential information. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.