IT Helpdesk Administrator
Energy Solutions · Oakland, CA
Founded in 1995, Energy Solutions is an employee-owned energy efficiency and demand management engineering, program design and implementation consulting firm. Our mission is to create large-scale environmental impacts for our clients by implementing market-based solutions and developing policies that contribute to these goals. We foster this mission by retaining a talented and committed team, providing a stimulating, healthy and participatory workplace, and emphasizing creative new approaches that maximize the value of our services. With 150+ staff, we are honored to serve a diverse range of utility, public agency, commercial and industrial clients.
We are currently seeking a full-time IT Helpdesk Administrator to join our IT group. As a member of the IT group you will assist with the planning, maintenance, operation, implementation and support of IT related products and services at the company.
IT related products and services include, but are not limited to, local and wide area networks, servers, workstations, e-mail, Intranet/Internet Web presence, IT security, cloud-based systems, VOIP, Active Directory, electronic file backups, client service desk support, telecommunications, software license tracking, IT procurement and contract monitoring. In this capacity the IT department is both a support organization and sets company policy on equipment, security, access, etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be the first point of contact for issues regarding equipment, software and other IT requests
- Provide basic troubleshooting for local and remote employees
- Respond to service desk tickets and provide solutions for reported customer problems
- Engage with company outsourced IT provider to triage and escalate higher-level requests appropriately
- Help with internal offices moves and build-outs
- Have basic knowledge in Mac OS X, Windows and basic networking troubleshooting knowledge
- Support printer/scanner setup and troubleshoot printing/scanning issues
- Log and track issues using company ticketing system, and maintain history records and related problem documentation
- Keep peers / manager informed of trends, significant problems and delays, customers informed of global problems or scheduled downtime, and customers updated on status of reported problems or projects
- Able to work between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
- Flexibility and adaptability in work schedule to work some evenings and weekends for special projects
- Relevant undergraduate degree or related experience in IT support service
- Ideal experience includes a minimum of 2 years of IT support services, networks, and project planning
- Solid knowledge of Windows based networking protocols and the Microsoft O365 environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office required, including SharePoint desired
- Intermediate level knowledge of Mac OS X and Mac hardware
- Ability to work and thrive independently and have strong problem solving, research and quantitative skills essential to troubleshoot and resolve issues with minimal guidance
- Ability to interact successfully with internal clients and present in a primary role
- Customer focused, approachable, and eager to help others
- Possess an understanding of the current and evolving IT services and solution areas relevant to Energy Solutions
- Possess exceptional communication skills—must be able to articulate technical issues to a diverse non-technical audience and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Interested in learning and taking on increasingly complex tasks
- Additional certification or working toward certification in MS o365, A+, and/or Networking a plus
Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, controls and/or PC equipment, and reach with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Some light lifting, pulling or pushing of weight up to 20 pounds may be involved with the job.
Our BART-accessible office is located in downtown Oakland, California. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, and other pre-tax contribution plans.
To apply for this position, please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/
For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com .
Information will be requested to perform a compulsory background check; drug screens are required and authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is a precondition of employment. Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.