Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Territory Foods · Washington, DC
Food & AgriculturePosted 1 month ago
Who We Are
Territory technologists put health and wellness at the fingertips of our customers. We're building a best-in-class e-commerce experience and nutrition platform that empowers our customers to live a healthy lifestyle. Through our platform, we help local chefs connect to their communities without the hassle of operating their own commerce infrastructure.
Because of our passion for wellness, community development, and entrepreneurship, we seek team members who not only believe in this mission but live it too. Our people and culture are the backbone of Territory. We are passionate about wellness, community, and innovation. Ideal teammates live these passions too. We are a remote-first team built on top talent across the United States. d the United States who provide diverse and innovative ideas.
Who You Are
We're looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer with a passion for programming and writing performant code. You will join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver world-class software. You will be responsible for writing and refactoring code that ensures our core e-commerce functions such as order fulfillment, payment processing, user management, etc. are of the highest reliability and scalability standards.
We're seeking an engineer who is ready to attack technical challenges as well as have an impactful role in product and company development. You'll also help in designing features and building a culture of excellence. While we work independently, we support each other through frequent code and design reviews, daily stand-ups, and pair programming.
- B.S. in Computer Science, relative engineering field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of professional experience as a contributing software engineer
- Understand how to write maintainable software in multiple programming paradigms
- In depth knowledge of designing and building standardized HTTP-based JSON APIs
- Understanding of API security best practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing web applications from the client to the data store
- Understand modern client-server web application architecture
- Familiarity with push notification and messaging infrastructure
- Familiarity with trunk-based development and rolling deployments
- Familiarity / proficiency in distributed software architecture (AMQP, event-sourcing, CQRS, caching etc)
- Proficiency designing GraphQL services
- Experience working with service oriented architecture
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs
- Knowledge around vertically and horizontally scaling an application
- Ruby / Rails
- React (Next.js)
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Compensation
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Unlimited PTO & Sick Days
- Fully Remote Team - live anywhere you want in the United States
- One-Time Workstation Reimbursement
- Up to $150 monthly reimbursement for personal wellness expenses
- Sample our meals for quality control (If you live in an area of which we operate)
- We'll pay your cell phone bill up to $100 per month
- Yearly company off-sites
- Yearly engineering summits
- Yearly conference attendance
- Continued education program through O'Reilly Media
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.