Truss · United States - Remote
Partners & Advocates
$149000 - $169000 Per YearPosted 1 month ago
Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We use modern development practices to build software, streamline infrastructure, and train others through exposure to our teams.
We have earned a reputation with our clients for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We extend these values to our strong relationships with contractors, partners and employees, because we believe this is fundamental to doing great work.
We are looking for a Staffing Manager to run our client project staffing process. Staffing (or “team casting”) is a core part of how Truss delivers on client experiences and business success, as well as how we foster employee engagement, growth, and inclusion. The person in this role is responsible for executing this critical business practice by putting together and maintaining efficient cross-functional software development teams to meet our clients’ needs.
* First consideration will be given to those who apply by 12pm Pacific, Monday, October 25th, 2021
In this position you will:
- Assume ownership and improvement of the project staffing process.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure the right people, with the right skill sets and certifications, are available at the right time for client work.
- Manage overall hiring recommendations based on forecasted project needs. Work directly with the Recruiting team and hiring managers to staff upcoming projects.
- Identify and mitigate risks around future demand surges and supply shortages by maintaining forecast spreadsheets/tools and ensuring they are up-to-date
- Collaborate with Practice Leads, Client Success Managers (CSMs), Project Leads, and Sales to identify appropriate resource requirements for each account and project.
- Monitor day-to-day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of under or overutilization and actively work with the Practice Leads & CSMs to address and solve those issues.
- Ensure relevant parties are informed of potential concerns or issues with meeting key client deliverables due to staffing.
- Recommend and implement process and tool improvements for staffing and casting.
Here's what we hope you'll bring:
- Experience working in professional services firms leading staffing coordination and resource management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to facilitate discussions, listen to diverse viewpoints and find solutions that will work for everyone
- Experience building on work processes and making user centered improvements
- The ability to identify and adhere to system constraints and help others do so as well
- Superlative organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with cross-functional software development professional services
- Ability to generate and evaluate a multitude of possible solutions
- Ability to communicate in a distributed first company, ensuring consistent communication happens through Slack, Zoom, Google Docs, etc.
- Experience using Enterprise Resources Planning software
- Public sector experience
- A sense of humor and compassion
The salary range for this position is $149,000 - $169,000.
We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. We encourage all interested candidates to apply! Please note: you must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
** A note from Truss: We know you’re likely experiencing a lot of disruption as our nation (and our world) responds to COVID-19 and other events - we’re experiencing it, too. During video interviews, you’ll likely see more of our human side. Family members, partners, kids and pets are home with some of us! We promise to be present and engaged, but we may be a little...harried. It’s OK if you are, too - we understand that everyone is experiencing extra stress right now. If you have any questions along the way, please let us know, and stay healthy and safe. **