Intermediate Software Engineer
Healthwise · Remote, USA or Boise, ID
The Intermediate Software Engineer contributes to the Healthwise mission by developing high quality software that enables the distribution and consumption of educational medical content. This individual will participate on a team with other developers, testers, designers, and product managers, all focused on fulfilling the team’s objectives. The Intermediate Software Engineer is driven to maximize their value to the team by building their skillset, collaborating with coworkers, being open to learning opportunities, and striving to build quality software.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Software Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Interacts with other departments and internal users as part of development of the Healthwise software and systems
- Works under the direction of a development manager and Sr Software Engineers to meet team objectives
- Contributes innovative and forward-thinking ideas to the team’s technology and development processes
- Works with other developers to facilitate knowledge transfer and conduct code reviews
- Participates in pair programming, technical design reviews, and code reviews
- Works with users to resolve technical issues and to provide implementation support
- Contributes to development of company objectives and principles, and achieves goals in creative and effective ways
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent work experience, and 3 years in a related field.
- 3+ years minimum experience in web development and use of common software design patterns
- 2+ years’ experience developing automation and tools to facilitate continuous integration of software development efforts
- All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
DEMONSTRATE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Working knowledge and understanding of internet-based application development
- Experience building RESTful services on a variety of platforms, .Net preferred
- Working knowledge of automated testing tools, methodologies, and unit testing frameworks (NUnit, MSTest, etc.)
- Experience working with source control systems (Git strongly preferred)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and interviewing skills
- Understanding of and ability to communicate the business and strategic impact of technical decisions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform theessential functions satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
Healthwise is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request through one of the methods listed below:
Attn: Human Resources
2601 Bogus Basin Road
Boise, ID 83702