WeSpire · Remote
WeSpire employee engagement software and campaigns, driven by proven behavioral science, encourage the entire workforce to make a positive impact at work and in their communities.
WeSpire is an online technology platform that allows world-class enterprise organizations to design, run, and measure positive employee programs in areas such as sustainability, giving and volunteering, wellbeing, diversity, equity and inclusion, and corporate culture. WeSpire’s mission is to inspire people to create a better working world and help our brand partners – and their employees – to work towards delivering the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
We are a growing post-Series B startup located at the center of Boston’s bustling innovation center and steps away from easy public transportation. Our benefits include:
- Remote-friendly culture, both during normal times as well as our current day-to-day. We care far more about your talents, insights, and ability to execute than your current address
- Public Benefit Corporation
- Truly a work/life balance environment
- Competitive salary to work on important problems with global impact
- Flexible PTO policy
- Generous group health, dental, and vision benefits
- Opportunity for equity in a fast-growing company
- Meaningful work on a platform to help large employers support sustainable development around the globe
As a world-class employer, WeSpire is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.
We’d love to learn what you can add to our team and thrive together!
To learn more, please visit Employee Engagement Software and Campaigns - WeSpire
WeSpire is hiring an Engineering Manager to join our dynamic team in building The Right Thing that customers love and rely on. Our platform is built on React and Ruby on Rails and used by a wide range of enterprises and end users alike, on desktop and mobile. The ideal candidate is a versatile problem solver with a potent combination of team development experience and engineering skills. If the following paragraphs resonate, we’d love to hear from you!
You are committed to not only building high-functioning teams, but also growing Engineers along their career paths. You are an effective communicator, who instills trust while driving vision & purpose. You balance priorities among partners, while ensuring accountability and results. You have a record of providing influential connective tissue when needed by encouraging teams to utilize best practices upheld by other teams. You are passionate about the essentials of software development and possess the burning desire to build effective teams and drive team culture in new directions.
You are scrappy and pragmatic. You can balance speed with quality and know when automation is worth the effort. You live and breathe by KISS, YAGNI and DRY principles. You care about operational excellence and the health of the product. You are willing to jump in and do whatever is needed to keep a SaaS service up and running.
You work well within a cross-functional team environment. You take ownership of your work, both successes and failures.
What you’ll be doing
- Mentor, nurture, and grow cross-functional teams of Engineers
- Champion our culture. We strive to be inclusive, cooperative, and empathetic
- Recruit and hire new team members, with an emphasis on increasing our diversity
- Improve our processes and identify gaps in how we work
- Work directly within your pods to create accountability for delivery timelines, promote healthy work culture, and ensure quality in new product features
- Develop talent and grow your team into a high performing healthy development organization by supporting them through strong delegation, 1:1’s, and regular transparent, actionable feedback
- Be an advocate for our vision of a great product team: Product Management defines problems and outcomes, while Technology defines how to deliver the outcomes
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people
What you should have
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience as an Engineering Manager at a growing SaaS platform
- Successful track record of building high performing, healthy, and sustainable teams that addressed increasingly complex technical and organizational challenges
- Genuinely excited about managing and developing people. While you started as an engineer, you've committed to management as your career path
- A strong technical foundation in database technologies, distributed systems, and scaling solutions
- Located in North/South America time zones
- Curiosity and a desire for building products that matter.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart, and a large funny bone
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send resume and a letter of interest to [email protected] with the subject line "Engineering Manager - Tech Jobs For Good".