Technology Project Manager
Arabella Advisors · Durham, NC
Data + Analytics
Partners & AdvocatesPosted 2 weeks ago
The Technology Project Manager will support technical projects of all sizes through analysis of business and technical requirements, managing project documentation, stakeholder management, and support of other project communication and training needs. They will also support in the growth of the IT Project Management Office (PMO) team by supporting internal process improvements.
- Project Management & Analysis Support (80%) – This position support tech projects throughout the firm. Responsibilities will include some combination of the following depending on the project:
- Support Associate Director, Project Management on large tech projects with project meeting coordination and planning, status updates, project communications, and more
- Manage portions of large tech projects such as process analysis, training, implementation, etc.
- For small and mid-sized projects and enhancements, serve as project manager to lead efforts from initiation to closing
- Coordinate with others on the PMO team for vendor management related to small and mid-sized projects
- Support intake of new project and enhancement ideas to gather information about business and technical needs
- Support business and product leads in process and tech analysis activities to flesh out and prioritize backlog of requests
- Act as a liaison between project team and Manifest team to ensure alignment on functionality, release planning, and approach
- PMO Team Support & Process Improvement (20%)
- Support the improvement of enhancement and project requests, leveraging project management tools like Jira and Confluence
- Document and update SOPs for the PMO to support transparency and collaboration in project management work at the firm
- Participate in the Project Management Community of Practice to brainstorm and workshop ways to improve project management practices and collaboration at Arabella
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need:
- 1+ years’ experience with technical or operational aspects of philanthropy field (i.e. fiscal sponsorship, grants management, contract management, revenue management, etc.)
- 1 year experience support technology and/or process improvement initiatives
- Familiarity and interest in building knowledge around SDLC, user centered design principles, and process improvement methods
- Critical mindset and interest in facilitating requirements analysis conversations and workshops
- Strong communication skills, including comfort with meeting facilitation and documentation of standard operating procedures (SOPs), training documentation, etc.
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- A college degree is not required for this position
Our Core Competencies:
- The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to address complex service matters, implement and communicate service changes to everyone involved, and to coach teammates on how to apply the firm’s service standards
- The ability to manage large-scale and cross-firm projects, including delegating and managing all resources, identifying and implementing improved processes, monitoring consistency across project teams, and providing direction and support to teammates
- The ability to facilitate and negotiate among stakeholders with conflicting needs and to generate consensus among decision makers
- The ability to help effectively communicate difficult messages; to adapt style, tone, and content to meet various needs; and to coach teammates on crafting content.
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including encouraging and facilitating effective compromise, drawing on the capabilities of all team members, and leading team-level knowledge sharing
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team and project-level learning, including coaching others
- The ability to solve complex challenges by identifying innovative solutions and facilitating coordination with others
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work together across geographies on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Advancing DEI within our firm and in our work with partners is critical to our mission. To be effective partners to philanthropists, nonprofits, and communities impacted by philanthropic dollars, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging, and a nuanced understanding of the racial, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and other disparities that undergird the issues we engage in and the interactions we have with one another. For us, equity means that our staff members, our clients, and the people they serve can experience the same level of success, no matter their starting place. We expect all our employees to share this commitment, and always seek ways to improve how well we live these values. Click here to learn more about DEI at Arabella and read our official DEI statement.
Total Rewards (compensation and benefits)
This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive and holistic total rewards package that includes salary, bonus, and benefits. Our base salaries are based on a blend of similar sized organizations from different sectors, including nonprofits, foundations, and professional service firms. They are also based on local market rates and differentiated by geography.
All full-time staff are eligible for our generous benefits package on their first day of employment:
- Health insurance- On average Arabella pays 86% of the medical premium, 80% of the dental premium, and 100% of the vision premium
- Paid time off- 16 days’ vacation, 10 personal days, 11 company holidays (7 federal and 4 more from a list of inclusive cultural and religious holidays and your birthday), 20 hours’ volunteer leave, 8 weeks’ parental leave
- 401(k) retirement plan- We offer a 4% employer match on a dollar-per-dollar basis, and there is no waiting or vesting period; all funds contributed by you and Arabella are yours to keep on day 1
- Reimbursements for your personal cell phone plan and fitness
- Pre-tax withholding for transportation and parking
- Bonus incentive opportunities
- Access to professional development opportunities
Working with Us
While this position must be based in Durham, NC, please note that due to COVID-19, all Arabella Advisors' offices are closed, and we continue to temporarily work in a remote environment.
When we reopen -- currently anticipated in early 2022 -- we will be returning to work with a hybrid workplace strategy to ensure continued flexibility for our staff, while deepening our strong culture rooted in collaboration and in-person interactions between colleagues. It is our expectation that once we reopen, Arabellans will generally work 2-4 days per week from the office and 2-4 days at home/remotely. We will make reasonable accommodations under the guidelines of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses, and all applicants must already be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of application to be considered for this position.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.