We’re an independent two-person creative studio that focuses on communication strategy and design for nonprofit organizations in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We collaborate with other small studios and independent creatives to help organizations like the Andy Warhol Museum, Fred Rogers Center, Green Building Alliance, and Trying Together fulfill their missions in supporting culture and community.
And we only work with nice people, both clients and partners. We believe that life is too short to be bound by agency-like contracts with people who make work—and life—miserable, and that working hard for the people we like just comes naturally.
The Help We Need
We’re looking for a web developer to build a freelance/independent partnership with Little Kelpie to undertake web development projects on a per-project basis, including:
- maintenance and further development of existing client WordPress theme and WordPress custom websites, including building new templates and installing WP, theme, and other updates;
- development of new websites using a WordPress theme, developing custom WordPress sites, or using other CMSs to develop custom websites
- provide recommendations on approaches for each project based on scope and budget
- provide us with up-to-date best practice knowledge and approaches for using contemporary web technologies, including including hosting, CDNs, security, plugins, and accessibility
You’re an established US-based independent web developer with 8+ years of experience, or part of a web development team, who is looking to broaden your client base/partners to take on more projects.
You aren’t doing this as a part-time or after-hours gig, and you’re interested in a longer-term partnership.
You’re happy to work with our designer to build out templates and develop websites in a collaborative designer-developer relationship, and you have a set of preferred frameworks to offer that makes the process work well, including tools, platforms, and knowledge to share to grow everyone’s skills.
You believe in the missions of the organizations you work for, are dedicated to getting projects done well and on time, and are, of course, a nice person.
You have experience with:
- developing for WordPress or other popular CMS platforms
- PHP or equivalent;
- using SQL and/or databases in relation to back-end development;
- real-world web site accessibility best practices, particularly WCAG
- project management of your projects to deliver them on time and within budget
- QA best practices
Talk to Us
We’re looking for a partner (or partners) who will be a good fit for Little Kelpie: how we work, what we believe in, and how we support our clients.
Please do send us your resume and/or portfolio and/or website and tell us a little about yourself, but also talk to us. Maybe a few times. We know this is the best way to see if we’re looking for the same thing, have backgrounds that mesh, and that we’ll work well together.
Drop us an email, with a subject line "Web Developer - Tech Jobs For Good" to: [email protected]