Program Manager - IT Systems Analytics
BlueLabs Analytics · Washington, DC
BlueLabs is a leading provider of analytics services and technology for a variety of industry clients: including government, business, and political campaigns. We help our clients optimize their engagements with individual customers, supporters, and stakeholders to achieve their goals. Simply put: we help our partners do the most good by getting the most from their data.
Today, our team of data analysts, scientists, engineers, and strategists come together from diverse backgrounds to share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. We’ve served more than 400 organizations ranging from government agencies, advocacy groups, unions, political campaigns, international groups, and companies. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in analytics, media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach-- serving a diverse set of industries, including the automotive, travel, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, healthcare, media, telecom, and more.
About the Team
The BlueLabs Government Analytics practice revolutionizes the way government agencies use data to streamline operations, interact with citizens, and react to their biggest challenges. Our team develops deep expertise within the areas our clients care about most, then builds data analytics systems that create impact at scale. We work closely with internal government innovation groups, and build on the analytics methodology pioneered in e-commerce, advocacy, politics, and consumer finance.You will work on a fast-paced, impact-driven project team charged with intelligently improving the operations powering the policies and programs that hundreds of millions of Americans interact with on a daily basis. Our work builds the frameworks and infrastructure that allows agencies to deal with big public health challenges. We bring definition to challenging problems, creatively identify data sources, then design analytics that accurately measure impact and move the needle every day. We work in changing, ambiguous environments, so we embrace nuance, inclusivity, and complexity to deliver programs that work for the diverse groups of individuals who rely on us.
About the Role
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing a client engagement with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Office of Information Technology. You will soundly manage the client relationship and lean on a team of internal analysts, data scientists, and engineers to drive high-impact results. The project requires a discerning eye for how to turn messy data into an impactful story that can ultimately drive decision-making on systems with which those working to support the CMS mission interact.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee engagement that will evaluate technology resource allocation and other innovative solutions across the agency
- Manage a team of analysts and engineering support required for the project
- Advocate for data resources that will help you better address our client’s most pressing questions
- Guide the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the team’s deliverables, including a variety of workbooks, presentations, etc. – whatever tells the story best
- Explore structured and unstructured data sets to observe trends and insights that will drive our client’s decision-making
- Maintain and prioritize a work backlog that is clear, concise, and trackable for our team and the client
- Build meaningful connections with stakeholders that strengthen yours and BlueLabs’ relationships
Who You Are:
- You make connections between the big picture and operational needs, specifically regarding information technology systems
- You draw conclusions from data with ease and comfortably relay your point-of-view – particularly when you need to interrogate insights with your team or clarify unknown factors with your client
- You often think about how systems can be improved – and are willing to roll up your sleeves to do something about it
- You live by well-tested standards of quality control, people management, and client engagement
- You are skilled at telling concise, impactful, and data-informed stories to decision-makers – verbally, visually, and in written word
- You have significant work experience interacting with data originating from systems to answer nuanced questions. For example: manipulating mass data exports to inform an enterprise-wide inquiry into platform usage, subscriptions, etc.
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative field or equivalent technical training
- Experience leading an engagement for a technology innovation client, including managing people on the team
- Experience delivering client-facing materials which originates and interprets insights from a mix of structured and unstructured data
- Proficiency in one or more general or statistical programming languages such as Python, Ruby or R – and/or interest in learning new ones
- Effective communication skills when working with team members of varied backgrounds, roles, and functions
- Passion in applying your skills to our social mission to problem-solve and collaborate within a cross-functional, client-facing team environment
- The ability to successfully attain and maintain a Federal Public Trust background investigation that our government clients require; this includes a requirement that the individual has U.S. Citizenship or U.S. residency for three of the past five years
What we Offer
BlueLabs offers a friendly work environment and competitive benefits package including premier health insurance plan, 401K matching, unlimited vacation, 14+ weeks paid parental leave, professional development & learning stipend, flexible working hours, telecommuting options, pre-tax transportation options and more!
The salary for this position is $95,000 annually.
While we prefer this position to be in the Washington, DC area, we are open to considering candidates from within the U.S.
At BlueLabs, we celebrate, support and thrive on differences. Not only do they benefit our services, products, and community, but most importantly, they are to the benefit of our team. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, disabilities and any other protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, BlueLabs is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. BlueLabs endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If an applicant believes he or she requires such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, or has any questions or concerns, he or she should contact the Director, People Operations. BlueLabs participates in E-verify.