Senior Product Manager
Cloud to Street · Brooklyn, NYProduct Environment Partners & Advocates Posted 1 month ago Claim this company
Cloud to Street is the leading flood mapping platform designed to protect the world’s most climate-vulnerable communities. By harnessing global satellites, advanced science, and community intelligence, we monitor worldwide floods in near real-time and remotely analyze local flood exposure at a click of a button. Our mission is to ensure that all vulnerable governments and those who protect them access the high quality information they need to respond to ever-increasing catastrophes. Founded by two women at Yale and seeded by Google, Cloud to Street has been used by governments across 15 countries. We are on track to enable new flood protection and develop new insurance for 10 million people in the next 5 years.
We are looking for a world class product manager to lead the next generation of our disaster analytics platform for governments and first responders. This position will be responsible for guiding the development of our new insurance product from its current science to a market leading product. This position will report directly to the founder and CEO of Cloud to Street.
- Manage the day to day product development efforts for our core product
- Direct the product roadmap and manage our science lab, engineers, and UX designers
- Play a hands-on role with our user support team and our current users in order to ensure the best deployment of the product and prioritize a backlog of user requests
- Help set the vision of the products, including the business model for our in development insurance product
- Work with our scientists and technologists to ensure R&D are directed towards product development priorities
- Lead product launches
- Drive company understanding of the evolving competitive landscape
- Support market research by owning the user personas and product suite, especially around new products, and working with the business development team
- Further develop the Cloud to Street partnership with data providers from NASA, to WhatsApp, to every new relevant satellite company, to local drone companies, and more
- 15% travel, including international travel
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate
- Built and shipped a technical product, ideally involving satellites, geospatial analytics, insurance, environmental science, development, and/or disaster management
- 4+ years of user research experience or working closely with government users and other large institutions in developing countries, but also comfortable working directly with communities 4+ years track record of building and delivering effective products and services for complex enterprise users
- 4+ years of experience managing a highly effective product team
- 4+ years of efficiently managing a product development roadmap
- Familiar with satellites, remote sensing and other relevant technical fields
- Experience designing and running user centered design exercises, ideally with governments and enterprise users around technology
This job is right for you if you are ...
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated—excited to make things up as you go in a fast moving startup environment
- Excited to work with a team to tackle meaningful problems together
- Deeply committed to impact and bringing innovation to those who need it most but have the least access to it
- Opinionated about what capacity building for developing country governments and good interaction design is about
- Uniquely curious about decision-making among developing country governments and how to deepen their capacity for flood resilience
As a Cloud to Street member, you:
- Represent the end-user in developing scalable technology at a start-up company focused on social impact and sustainable development
- Serve the underserved by reducing the scientific barriers for low and middle income countries to access the information governments, businesses, and communities need to sustainably develop and thrive
- Are in solidarity with vulnerable communities by spending time with flood affected populations and organizations who serve them
- Increase equity by making information accessible to historically marginalized communities and building a diverse and inclusive start-up
Applicants are requested to send their submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with: the subject line Senior Product Manager, a paragraph expressing interest in the body of your email, and an attached resume and a portfolio or a link to example product.
Applications will be reviewed until the end of November and interviewed on a rolling basis. The start date is immediate. Cloud to Street is devoted to building an inclusive and diverse company. Women, people of color, and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.