Staff Software Engineer
Wellframe · Boston, MA
Partners & Advocates
Health & Well-BeingPosted 3 weeks ago
Ruby on Rails
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our growing team. This role works with our mobile team and will provide technical leadership for our mobile backend.
Reporting to our Director of Mobile, you will collaborate with other engineering teams, product managers, designers and data scientists, helping us to reduce the complexity of projects, leading broad architectural work to build new capabilities, and working to improve overall productivity of the engineering team.
Areas of Responsibility:
Translating user stories into software solutions
- Working closely with product managers and scrum masters to understand business problems.
- Collaborating with designers to ensure we deliver the optimal user experience.
- Validating design approach with other staff engineers.
- Writing automated tests to ensure code is of the highest quality.
Debugging and fixing production issues
- Taking part in on-call rotations to make sure our systems have exemplar uptime and reliability.
- Working with our customer support team to debug and fix bugs affecting our users.
Identifying and leading process and technology improvements
- Identifying process, tooling and feature improvements that can have a multiplicative effect on the engineering productivity.
- Identifying new capabilities that can be unlocked by technologies or processes.
- Developing a 6-12 months roadmap for implementing technical and process improvements.
- Leading delivery of improvements.
Mentoring Software Engineers
- Working closely with software engineers to guide their technical and career growth.
Experience & Skills:
- At least 6 years development experience building SaaS or cloud-based commercial software products.
- Experienced with backend frameworks such as Spring or Ruby on Rails .
- Proficient with a modern scripting language such as Python.
- Makes good trade-offs for core design and API decisions — knows when to stick to convention, but also when to break it.
- Excellent communicator, comfortable explaining technical problems and plans in person and in writing.
- Values the difference between good code and correct code, and cares about test-driven development without dogma.
- Demonstrable history of technical mentorship.
- Experience leading complex initiatives from technical design to delivery.
- Thrives on diverse technical challenges — our system integrates a wide variety of healthcare and other technologies.
- Passionate about leveraging their technical skills to help improve patient care.
- Works effectively in fast-paced, agile startup environment, and finds fulfillment delivering innovative solutions.
At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone can’t help us achieve this ambition. That’s why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.