Senior Front End Engineer
Zocdoc · New York, NY
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer (SFE) to join our engineering team at Zocdoc! As a SFE at Zocdoc you’ll balance individual contribution with mentorship. You’ll take ideas from inception to reality by rapidly building prototypes, iterating and releasing them. You’ll build scalable products that make the healthcare experience for patients, providers, and Zocdocr’s simpler, safer, and more efficient.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about building fully scalable platforms with the latest technologies
- A product-focused engineer who loves working in a highly collaborative and supportive environment
- Motivated by building products that make healthcare easier
- Excited to use technology to enhance the consumer experience
- Passionate about building diverse and inclusive teams and culture
- Excited to lead projects and be a mentor for other engineers
Your day to day is…
- Working with technologies like React building the libraries and frameworks that power Zocdoc’s front-end development. You might build features that help doctor's visualize their value on Zocdoc or develop core patient experiences that change the way patients interact with healthcare
- Building products designed to scale quickly like new patient interactions, real-time video visits and new functionality that helps doctors optimize their Zocdoc experience
- Shipping efficient and scalable code to millions of users autonomously
- Collaborating with our agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers, product managers, and designers. You will partner with the product and design teams to develop product improvements
- Making a meaningful impact as you own and release features in our CI environment that will impact patients, doctors, and Zocdocr’s alike
- Mentoring your peers, with the notion that helping others means learning and growing yourself
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Passion for web development IDEs, writing automated tests, and working with source code management systems
- Successfully mentored other engineers in the past and have encouraged your peers to use software development best practices for code testing and deployment
- Successfully shipped code for a consumer-facing product, including layout and styling
- Experience addressing performance issues and optimizing pages for SEO
- 5+ years of professional front-end development experience. Experience with React framework is required
- Strong grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Competitive parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.