Document Control Analyst
FreeWire Technologies · Newark, CA
FreeWire Technologies believes in electrification beyond the electrical grid; a world where everyone has access to electric vehicle (EV) fast charging when and where they need it. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide ultrafast charging for EVs and clean, affordable, resilient power alternatives for site hosts. If you are driven to learn and grow and seeking a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make change in the transportation and energy market, now is the time to join a team that is revolutionizing how power is delivered and utilized.
At FreeWire, we are fundamentally changing the way energy is distributed to electric vehicles and we are continuing to evolve with a full suite of decentralized energy services accelerating sustainable electrification. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors and customers from Fortune 100 companies including leading corporate, utility, retail, and fleet operators. To meet our ambitious goals, we are growing rapidly and looking for people who want to make an impact and are willing to challenge the status quo. If you are resilient, think outside the box, and like finding solutions to tough problems, please apply to join our amazing team of innovators, enthusiasts, and change-makers.
- Coordinates and controlling technical documentation, in a variety of formats that support the company’s products.
- Manages files regardless of medium, throughout their entire life cycle.
- Understands document control systems, CAD files, ECO process, and bill of material structures is required.
- Responsible for updating, developing, and documenting the department’s procedures.
- Coordinate and manage the approval process for ECOs, MCOs, DEVs, ECRs and review change orders for completeness and compliance to document control standards.
- Facilitates review, approval, and archival of company’s-controlled documentation
- Performs data entry for compliance and supplier data as required for the PLM system
- Supports document control needs for our contract manufacturing
- Supports users with manufacturing process needs, and document requests
- Assists with implementing Quality Management System (QMS)
- Train personnel on processes that support QMS
- Reviews product-related information documents and files submitted for completeness and accuracy based on established standards. Work with users to correct issues before routing for approvals.
- Train new and existing users on how to use the PLM system (Arena Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years PLM/Document Control experience
- Sound understanding of product life cycle within a controlled document management system
- Experience in Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Able to interpret and challenge issues with drawings
- Exercises good judgment within broadly defined practices and policies
- Strong problem-solving skills, team player
- Proficient with NetSuite and Google Apps
- Must have strong communication skills and possess the ability to interact effectively with co-workers
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term-Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.