Back-End Drupal Developer
CivicActions · Remote (USA)
CivicActions is a mission-minded company. We focus on helping the government deliver better services through modern software practices. We work in cross-functional, agile teams and communicate openly and honestly. We encourage a balanced, autonomous lifestyle. We are looking for others like us with a true passion for using technology to change our world positively.
We are looking for a Drupal Back-End Developer who is aware of their own skills and able to self-assign to tasks within their own skill sets. Especially useful skills include: Drupal 7, Admin/content author CMS interface UX experience, Content Governance.
This position is remote (work from home) and requires a federal background investigation.
Who you are:
- Develop and manage Drupal applications in an Agile environment
- Able to architect and write secure, performant, well-documented object-oriented PHP code that adheres to coding standards
- Develop code collaboratively within Git repositories using forks, branching workflows, and conflict resolution
- Set up and maintain local Drupal sandbox environments based on Docker-based tools (e.g. Lando, docker-compose)
- Engage in peer programming and take part in code reviews
- Lead or support content/data migrations into and out of Drupal
- Enable and extend common Drupal modules
- Manage configuration-as-code using the Drupal Configuration API
- Comfortable integrating and configuring search engines (e.g. Solr, Drupal search) with Drupal Views
- Write and update work ticket user stories, acceptance criteria, implementation notes, risks/assumptions
- Take part in agile scrum team ceremonies, project, and internal meetings
- 5+ Years of engineering experience, in addition to a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience with Drupal 7/8/9
- Experience with Drupal APIs (Form API, Configuration API, Menus, etc)
- Able to develop unit and/or behavioral tests using automated testing tools (e.g. Behat, Cypress, PHPUnit) to validate your features
- Familiar with using local Drupal sandbox environments based on Docker-based tools
- Experience with complex Git workflows and tasks (e.g., forks, branching, resolving conflicts, etc.)
- Comfortable with reading API documentation and integrating with external APIs and systems
- Comfortable writing complex SQL queries as well as Drupal EntityQueries and the Database API
- Experience with the command line shell and tools like Drush
Nice-to-Have (but not required)
It’s a bonus if you have skills or experience in:
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (Ilias, Canvas, etc)
- Experience with Drupal 8/9 migrations - configuring mappings, custom plugins, media handling etc
- Familiarity with object-oriented PHP programming, including common design patterns
- Web-based API design and implementation (REST, XML-RPC)
- One or more Acquia Drupal 8 certifications
$95,000 - $115,000 USD per Year
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
We are a completely remote team within the United States. We ask that you have a dedicated workspace and fast internet.
People who are well taken care of can be more balanced, productive, and happy.
- 100% company-paid medical/dental/vision/life/ disability with 100% dependent coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy. We encourage employees to take time off as much time as needed
- Yearly professional development stipend
- Yearly technology stipend
We value diverse teams and are committed to creating a community of inclusion. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.