Associate Data Analyst, Fundraising
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) · New York, NY
Organization: Doctors Without Borders | Médecins Sans Frontières
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $500 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization.
The Data Analytics team is responsible for supporting all fundraising teams on their individual goals fundraising goals through strategic segmentation, real-time analytics, and ensuring data quality through comprehensive data governance of our fundraising systems. The team will also play a critical role in our current database transformation project which includes a migration to a new CRM and the creation of a data warehouse.
As Associate Data Analyst, Fundraising; you will partner with MSF-USA staff to assist in the day-to-day management of data quality and execution for fundraising and cultivation campaigns across all channels, including direct mail, email, digital advertising, and telemarketing. Under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Data Analytics, you will capture reporting needs from internal clients and create deliverables for the marketing team and other departments with support from key vendors. In addition, you will provide the necessary support to the other members of the analytics team.
In this role you will report to the Senior Manager, Data Analytics. Your responsibilities will include:
Analysis and reporting
- Create and manage ad hoc and scheduled reports for a variety of campaigns and activities with an eye to generating actionable insights.
- Develop power user expertise in the interactive PowerBI visual reporting dashboards. generated by our analytics vendor, in order to (1) support reporting and insight requests from the marketing team and (2) QC updates needed to the tool by the analytics vendor.
Uploading, transforming and pulling data
- Ensure campaign data files uploaded to donor CRM are accurate.
- Fulfill ad-hoc data requests from Marketing team as necessary.
Supporting segmentation, planning, execution and analysis
- Oversee the quality and accuracy of data pulled from donor CRM and Salesforce Marketing Cloud, ensuring they are correctly segmented for mail, telemarketing, and digital campaigns.
- Project manage data requests and regular data responsibilities utilizing our project management platform Workfront.
- Ensure accurate campaign tracking across all channels by creating, managing, and implementing source codes to track behavior and revenue, and ensure accurate data analysis for testing results and fundraising strategies.
Ensuring data quality and segmentation accuracy
- Provide data quality control for the department
- Perform quality control checks on campaign data and quality control audits on key dashboards and reports.
- Ensure results from all campaigns across all channels are uploaded into donor CRM database.
- Audit data synchronization between donor database of record and third-party fundraising and communication platforms and troubleshoot problems.
- Troubleshoot errors and fixes source data or identify transformation problems.
You have an analytical mind and pay strong attention to quality, detail, and accuracy. You are a quick and adaptive learner, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
You should also have:
- 1-3+ years of experience building analytics reports and visualization using a variety of tools in a business/marketing or nonprofit setting
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and technology.
- Ability to think through problems systematically, integrate information from multiple sources, propose and implement solutions.
- Experience working to understand business users needs and delivering end-to-end solutions collaboratively
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, communicate goals and build consensus to work effectively within and across departments
- Data visualization skills, able to turn data into clear charts that tell the story.
- Advanced skills in Excel, solid PowerPoint skills and strong computer literacy overall.
- Familiarity with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Salesforce platform reporting preferred
- Experience with Revolution Online (ROI) donor database or similar
- Experience visualizing data for reports in a tool such as PowerBI or Tableau