Client Technology Manager
Arabella Advisors · San Francisco, CA
Data + Analytics
Partners & AdvocatesPosted 1 week ago
An experienced client service professional who will help Arabella’s clients launch and manage social sector projects by supporting technological systems and process flow priorities.
Arabella Advisors seeks an entrepreneurial, socially engaged professional to help our clients launch and manage innovative social sector projects. If you want the opportunity to work with a fast-growing and entrepreneurial team reshaping the charitable sector, then this job is for you. The Client Technology Manager will support and refine our client-facing technological systems and process flow priorities for Arabella’s Managed Organizations (MO) team, with a heavy emphasis on knowledge management. You will be working closely with program staff and other key stakeholders who manage a diverse portfolio of internal and external projects focused on affecting national and global change. They will rely on your operations, relationship management, and systems expertise to enable their efficiency and effectiveness.
Candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview.
- Client Technology Portfolio Management: Ongoing system evaluation, ensuring portfolio is up to date with our client needs and changes within the industry; optimize platforms to deliver excellent service and lower costs of doing business
- Knowledge Management: Ensure client technology systems and processes are well documented and both clients and internal teams have the necessary resources to execute their work effectively and efficiently
- Training and Ongoing Support: Support and lead MO account staff and clients to effectively use our technology, specifically Microsoft products, online fundraising, and technology procurement resources
- Cybersecurity: Ensure effective cybersecurity training and programs are in place for our clients by analyzing data, recommending and implementing trainings, and driving toward high engagement rates
- Project Management: Identify opportunities for process improvements and serve as project manager for these medium-sized projects; project manage technology workstreams and related dependencies associated with launching nonprofit entities
- Budget Management: Manage client technology budget including contract and vendor management, monthly or quarterly reconciliation with client accounts, and analyzing ongoing operating costs and recommending changes as needed
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need:
- Three to six years in technology, management consulting, business analysis, and/or project management roles
- The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to address challenging service matters, implement and communicate service changes to everyone involved, and coach teammates on how to apply the firm’s service standards
- The ability to help effectively communicate complex concepts, both written and verbal; to adapt style, tone, and content to meet various needs; and to coach teammates on crafting content
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to solve complex challenges by identifying innovative solutions and facilitating coordination with others
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills - ability to manage multiple demands, projects, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to facilitate and negotiate among stakeholders with conflicting needs and to generate consensus among decision makers
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including encouraging and facilitating effective compromise, drawing on the capabilities of all team members, and leading team-level knowledge sharing
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team and project-level learning, including coaching others
- Experience or interest in philanthropy, nonprofits, foundation operations, and management
Other Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Degree in technology, social sciences, mathematics, economics, or other related field
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Data analysis and visualization skills a plus
- Experience with market research
- Experience with Archival Sciences a plus
Our Core Competencies:
- Ability to provide excellent service to clients, including being able to diagnose and anticipate difficult service challenges, provide proactive and effective client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective.
- The ability to effectively manage projects, proactively problem solve, and ensure quality control
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to use that intelligence to appropriately adapt to stakeholders’ needs
- The ability to effectively help communicate complex and nuanced messages to a variety of audiences, including adapting style, tone and content to meet various needs.
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including supporting efforts that promote a safe and welcoming culture, providing timely and constructive feedback, and highlighting and sharing significant and new knowledge across the team
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning, including a willingness to request feedback and incorporate it to improve individual performance and to seek out and participate in career-relevant learning activities
- The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including the ability to solve challenges independently
- The ability to integrate DEI into work processes and demonstrate understanding of how oppression, privilege, and power present in interactions and work
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work together across geographies on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
About Arabella’s Managed Organizations Team
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple nonprofit organizations, including the New Venture Fund, the Windward Fund, and the Hopewell Fund—all 501(c)(3) public charities—and the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation, global health and civic engagement.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Advancing DEI within our firm and in our work with partners is critical to our mission. To be effective partners to philanthropists, nonprofits, and communities impacted by philanthropic dollars, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging, and a nuanced understanding of the racial, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and other disparities that undergird the issues we engage in and the interactions we have with one another. For us, equity means that our staff members, our clients, and the people they serve can experience the same level of success, no matter their starting place. We expect all our employees to share this commitment, and always seek ways to improve how well we live these values. Click here to learn more about DEI at Arabella and read our official DEI statement.
Total Rewards (compensation and benefits)
This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive and holistic total rewards package that includes salary, bonus, and benefits. Our base salaries are based on a blend of similar sized organizations from different sectors, including nonprofits, foundations, and professional service firms. They are also based on local market rates and differentiated by geography.
All full-time staff are eligible for our generous benefits package on their first day of employment:
- Health insurance- On average Arabella pays 86% of the medical premium, 80% of the dental premium, and 100% of the vision premium
- Paid time off- 16 days’ vacation, 10 personal days, 11 company holidays (7 federal and 4 more from a list of inclusive cultural and religious holidays and your birthday), 20 hours’ volunteer leave, 8 weeks’ parental leave
- 401(k) retirement plan- We offer a 4% employer match on a dollar-per-dollar basis, and there is no waiting or vesting period; all funds contributed by you and Arabella are yours to keep on day 1
- Reimbursements for your personal cell phone plan and fitness
- Pre-tax withholding for transportation and parking
- Bonus incentive opportunities
- Access to professional development opportunities
Working with Us
While this position must be based in San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; or Durham, NC, please note that due to COVID-19, all Arabella Advisors' offices are closed, and we continue to temporarily work in a remote environment.
When we reopen -- currently anticipated in early 2022 -- we will be returning to work with a hybrid workplace strategy to ensure continued flexibility for our staff, while deepening our strong culture rooted in collaboration and in-person interactions between colleagues. It is our expectation that once we reopen, Arabellans will generally work 2-4 days per week from the office and 2-4 days at home/remotely. We will make reasonable accommodations under the guidelines of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses, and all applicants must already be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of application to be considered for this position.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.