Sr Software Engineer
Regrow · Remote (USA)
Who we are
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By disrupting the agriculture industry!
Founded by globally-recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, and innovative data collection to deliver customized, site-specific and scalable solutions to the agrifood industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agrifood and agtech, ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals.
We're backed by leading investors, such as Microsoft's Venture fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), AJAX Strategies and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there.
Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 150 million acres of land in over 45 countries. This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.
As a member of the Software Engineering team, you will report to the Sr Engineering Manager and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle including Requirements Elicitation, Application Architecture definition, and Design across Regrow’s product offerings.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate closely with teams across product, operations, engineering data science, and DevOps to implement scalable and high-performance solutions for our platform as a service and internal management tools.
- Play a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient cloud microservices architecture.
- Document all practices and design, as you work with other functions of the team (architecture, security, DevOps, etc) to execute scalable and high-quality solutions.
- Support the data science functions of our platform by utilizing data to create complex data pipelines and code that generates reports.
- Develop and code, services and solutions to support and scale the Regrow platform and its API.
- Write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code.
- Perform software quality assurance activities for yourself and others; such as write test, code reviews, regression testing etc, and apply changes needed to meet best practices.
- Apply standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability.
- Learn as much as possible from others and mostly, as a valuable team member/resource, share your cloud, API, and any knowledge with the whole team.
- Makes sound architecture/software decisions, while keeping customer experience at the forefront of all features delivered.
- 3+ years of solid software engineering experience.
- Proven experience creating and deploying REST APIs with Python Web Frameworks such as FastAPI, Flask, Django, etc.
- You have commercial experience with relational databases i.e MySQL, Postgres, etc, or a document database like MongoDB.
- Experience deploying apps/services on at least one major enterprise cloud platform ((AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- You are comfortable with the nuts and bolts of systems programming in the Linux environment (shell/bash scripting).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent technical field.
- We highly regard:
- Knowledge/experience in GIS and tools/libraries (rasters, gdal, rasterio, qgis, etc).
- Experience with Docker (building and scheduling containers).
- Experience profiling, debugging, tracing, and or parallelizing/optimizing Python code.
Who You Are:
- You are eager to achieve and work at all levels of responsibility.
- You are capable of taking charge of a project.
- You communicate clearly and concisely.
- Passionate about delivering value to customers and building strong relationships.
*We value diversity! At Regrow, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better but our planet better. We have employees across nine countries and three continents, and we’re committed to expanding our base of knowledge and experience.
Regrow is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.*
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Regrow, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you.