Wisk Aero · Mountain View, CA
Clean EnergyPosted 3 days ago
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are currently seeking an avionics software engineer with civil aerospace experience to join us in developing exciting and revolutionary systems for a new class of all electric aircraft. You will draw on your full life cycle software development experience to participate in a technical team specifying, designing, and implementing the avionics suite for a certified commercial aircraft
The avionics software engineering role is responsible for developing multiple aspects of the avionics suite, including requirements authoring, design, coding, and integration activities. The role is responsible for contributing to a development team and interacting with team members to deliver DO-178C artifacts and software implementation in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with working in a team environment governed by DO-178C processes and will have proven technical experience in the software requirements, design, and coding phases of civil aircraft development
- Contribute to the development of the DO-178C software planning documents.
- Authoring high level requirements
- Contributing to software architecture & design description.
- Authoring low level requirements
- Developing software components that realize low level requirements
- Perform Unit tests
- Participate in reviews of artifacts and software
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant engineering discipline
- 4+ years of experience in the civil avionic industry
- Understanding of avionics functions and roles within the aircraft.
- Proven software development experience governed by processes for certified safety critical systems (DO-178B/C, etc ).
- Proven software development experience in requirements, design, coding, and integration phases of development.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C or C++.
- Great interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Delivery driven.
- Demonstrated ability to manage their tasks and projects and involving peers across multiple disciplines.
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed or remote work environment.
- Ability to perform formal software verification activities
- Familiarization with scripting languages such as Python
- Understands and appreciates the roles of configuration management and quality assurance.
- Familiarization with industry standard tools such as JIRA, GIT, Bitbucket, etc
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.