Senior Software Engineer
Uplight · Remote (USA)
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
We will consider this role for continued remote work with some work/travel to our offices in Denver, Boulder, Boston, Chicago or Vancouver.
What you get to do:
We are searching for a disciplined Senior Software Engineer with back-end interest and expertise who is passionate about changing the way millions of people save energy. You’ll work within the Engineering Department to build and improve our platforms (especially our API layers and data processing) to deliver flexible and creative solutions to our utility partners and end users. You’ll be a part of developing a robust architecture to manage massive amounts of data and leveraging it to deliver a compelling experience to users across our platforms. Additionally, you’ll work on a great team with excellent benefits.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Be excited to work with talented, committed people in a fast-paced environment.
- Be passionate about energy consumption and making a difference in the world.
- Love developing great software -- some of your proudest moments involve pushing new features with high quality to delight your users.
- Be capable of prioritizing your work to adhere to a deliverable schedule and ensure successful delivery that exceeds expectations.
- Be ready, able, and willing to jump onto a call with a partner or customer to help solve problems.
- Have a strong eye for detail and quality of your code.
- Not be afraid to dig into hard problems, and enjoy experimenting to come up with simple, elegant solutions.
What you bring to Uplight:
- You are an experienced developer - you ideally have 4-8 years of professional experience.
- Python experience, preferably both 2.7 and 3.x.
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable microservice architecture.
- Google Cloud Platform or other cloud service provider experience.
- 2+ years building and managing APIs to industry-accepted RESTful standards.
- Demonstrable experience with writing unit and functional tests.
- Application of industry security best practices to application and system development.
- Experience working with large data sets in RDBMS, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Ability to deliver against several initiatives simultaneously.
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering, or demonstrable industry experience.
- Experience mentoring more junior team members, pair programming, and writing supporting documentation for your work.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure automation such as terraform, cloudformation or similar.
- Experience with ETLs and data pipelines.
- Solid CI/CD experience.
- Serverless architecture, preferably Google Cloud Functions.
- You work on the command line confidently and are familiar with all the goodies that the linux toolkit can provide.
- You are a Git guru and revel in collaborative workflows.
- Pandas / SciPy / Numpy / SciKitLearn.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once they reopen)
Salary Range: $110,000 to $135,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.