UpTogether · Denver, CO/Chicago, IL/Boston, MA
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Product Owner to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
The person who accepts this challenge will be a member of the Product Management team. They will have an immediate impact on Uplight’s development efforts, market position, and revenue.
- Partners with the Product Manager to develop, design, and explicitly communicate the Product Vision, Roadmap, and Backlog to maximize value delivery aligned to the Product Business Line strategy driving the ROI for Uplight.
- Creates, clearly communicates, and prioritizes the Product Features (Epics) and Backlog items. This includes working with internal and external stakeholders as well as the development and cross-functional teams (Product Design, Implementation, Customer Success, etc) to ensure the Backlog is transparent, visible, and understood.
- Has a solid understanding of product capabilities, gaps, and short-term roadmap, and shares that understanding to empower cross-functional teams (Product Design, Implementation, Customer Success, etc).
- Collaborates with team members in other Product Lines to ensure that cohesive solutions are built across Uplight’s platform.
- Works collaboratively and is constructive when communicating and interacting with coworkers. A contributor who seeks solutions.
- Lead the planning of product release timelines and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Releases & Sprint Goals.
- Work with the Engineering teams to define Acceptance Criteria meeting the Definition of Ready; and accepting work once it meets the team’s Definition of Done
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Full integration with 1-2 development pods, including planning and executing against a defined product strategy.
- Product voice and pod advocacy to cross-functional teams.
- Involvement in all stages of product development from exploration to delivery – collaborating with highly skilled data scientists, engineers, designers, and others along the way.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Experience working in a Scrum environment.
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience shipping great products for a leading consumer, SaaS, or enterprise software company.
- Ability to write and express complex ideas clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to drive initiatives and ideas in a highly collaborative environment.
- Proficiency with JIRA.
- Passionate about moving our mission forward and living our core values.
- Entrepreneurial, business-focused mindset.
- 3+ years of relevant or related experience in a technical environment.
- An online slide deck showcasing a product/feature of which you are particularly proud and the process used to launch it.
- A written description on your past efforts, and plans to advocate for and advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) in the workplace.
- Utility or Energy industry experience.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO or PSPO) or equivalent certification.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $110,000 to $125,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.