Full Stack Developer
Astranis · San Francisco, CA
Public InfrastructurePosted 1 week ago
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Full Stack Developer
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the software that will enable us to safely and reliably operate the spacecraft from the ground. The tools you build will be used by satellite operators to fly the spacecraft!
- Design, build, and implement the ground software system for our spacecraft
- Use React to build the front end interface to our web application that enables safe, efficient, and elegant command and control of our satellite throughout its mission
- Use Django to build the backend for our commanding interface
- Work closely with satellite operators to understand how they would like to operate the spacecraft to inform software requirements
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to define software requirements, architectures, and designs
- 2+ years of experience as a full stack developer in industry
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Django
- Experience with consuming and/or developing RESTful or similar APIs
- Comfortable rapidly prototyping and fully developing user interface concepts with focus on overall user experience
- Comfortable diving into all layers to implement both front-end and back-end components of new features
- Experience working with relational/SQL databases (e.g. Postgres)
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience developing proprietary/commercial or open source satellite operations software (e.g., COSMOS, Major Tom)
- Experience in satellite operations
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, and Docker
- Experience with application deployment operations and release/version management
- Experience with NoSQL databases
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.