Ground Software Engineer
Astranis · San Francisco, CA
Public InfrastructurePosted 3 days ago
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Ground Software Engineer
As a Ground Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the software that will enable us to safely and reliably operate the spacecraft from the ground. The tools you build will be used by satellite operators to fly the spacecraft!
- Design, build, and implement our ground software system for GEOSat-1
- Work closely with our operations and satellite teams to build command interfaces and telemetry screens that enable safe, efficient, and elegant command and control of our satellite throughout its mission
- Design high-performance, reliable, mission-critical software that sends commands to space!
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to define software requirements, architectures, and designs
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Experience with C/C++, Python, or other high-level object-oriented programming language(s)
- Experience with system level architecture and big data design, and SQL databases in particular
- Cloud development using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience developing proprietary/commercial or open source satellite operations software (e.g., COSMOS, Major Tom)
- Experience in satellite operations
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, and Docker
- Experience with NoSQL databases
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.