Astranis · San Francisco, CA
Public InfrastructurePosted 2 days ago
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
As a DevSecOps engineer, you will work with our Flight and Ground software teams to operate, scale, and automate operations for key software and mission control systems. These include command & control systems, telemetry databases, continuous integration systems and other software systems critical to our mission.
You will improve the state of operations for key software systems at Astranis, with respect to reliability, maintainability and security as we expand to a fleet of satellites and their supporting services.
- Operate deployments and upgrades for production systems
- Automate deployment and monitoring for development and production systems
- Implement secure practices in the chain of custody for software
- Manage IT infrastructure, including servers, supporting software packages, and containers or virtualization
- Bachelor of Science in a related discipline (e.g. Information Technology, Computer Science)
- 2+ years of as a Site Reliability, DevOps or DevSecOps experience
- 2+ years of experience on Linux
- Experience with shell programming (e.g. Bash)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without much supervision
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Git or similar source control system
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with Kubernetes in a production environment
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.