Manager, Data Systems and Administration
Pencils of Promise · New York, NYEngineering Education Posted 1 week ago Claim this company
The Manager of Data Systems and Administration at Pencils of Promise (PoP) is responsible for managing and developing our centralized Salesforce database and related tools and systems. This individual is a key strategic decision-maker and implementer for database development at PoP. In addition to maintaining data integrity and security on an ongoing basis, this individual keeps a birds-eye view on data operations at the organization and drives initiatives to continuously improve our data systems and support our ever-evolving business needs through custom data architecture, processes, and automation. This individual works closely with department heads to ensure database design is consistently in line with the workflow requirements of all teams. This individual also supports the Senior Director of Learning & Evaluation and our global Impact teams in ensuring data systems meet our data collection and analysis needs as necessary to prove the efficacy of our work and drive strategic program development.
In addition to managing our data systems, the Manager of Data Systems and Administration leads technical training for PoP, and is responsible for ensuring all teams are supported with the necessary training and documentation to effectively work within our database and related tools. This includes keeping abreast of ongoing updates to our technology and the evolution of the Salesforce platform to ensure PoP is able to take advantage of the complete capabilities of our systems.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who is committed to excellence, precision, details, analytical thinking and innovative approaches and who is ready to ask deep questions about data, create simple ways to navigate complex processes, and otherwise serve as the go-to person for data management.
Expected start date: February 3, 2020
- Implement and maintain custom Salesforce solutions, including the creation and maintenance of custom architecture (objects, fields, page layouts, record types, list views), security settings (user profiles, permission sets, sharing rules, validation rules), and workflows (Process Builder, Visual Workflow, Approval Processes, workflow) for 50+ users.
- Act as administrator or co-administrator for all data systems and business platforms including Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Box.com, Classy, Cirrus Insight, and G-Suite.
- Support External Affairs team with their reporting and workflow needs, including pipeline oversight and targeted messaging
- Design and implement automated email series and actions in Marketing Cloud
- Design and maintain Salesforce-connected data collection forms in Formyoula to support programmatic work
- Maintain data integrity through regular processes addressing duplicate records, dirty data, and auditing existing usage
- Manage all user requests through custom ticketing system, providing regular updates on progress and timeline, and delegating requests when appropriate to other team members
- Oversee onboarding and training for database usage across all departments
- Represent PoP in non-profit technology space, including participating in events and conferences, to further our reputation as a data-driven, transparent organization
- 4+ years of experience in Salesforce use and administration, higher education degree preferred
- Highly experienced with the Salesforce Nonprofit Cloud, Marketing Cloud and integrations of third party applications (e.g., Classy, Formyoula, and Cirrus Insight)
- Certified Salesforce Administrator
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Certification preferred
- Experience with Salesforce NPSP Administration
- Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills.
- Experience with data management, particularly in the context of maintaining data quality standards under flexible schedules and resource- and training-constrained environments.
- A highly collaborative professional approach that thrives off working within large and diverse teams.
- A passion for process-oriented problem solving.
- A passion for global literacy education; experience with international work preferred.
About the Office
We are a passionate, driven, and fun group of individuals. We have a unique, energetic office culture that is sometimes casual and light, but, at all times, the PoP team is very much focused and committed to working hard in the name of our cause. You will find nothing besides positive attitudes, determination, and smiles at the PoP office.