OpenResearch · San Francisco, CA
OpenResearch is seeking a self-motivated problem solver with strong data skills to collaborate with our Data Manager, diverse set of principle investigators, and external partners to clean, analyze, and visualize data collected from the most comprehensive basic income RCT in the United States.
- Coordinate and organize multiple data streams and ensure adherence to data quality and privacy protocols.
- Build new and improve existing data processes/workflows used for program management and research analysis.
- Write code to extract, transform, and clean data and construct variables for analysis.
- Collaborate on data analysis with a diverse team of principal investigators and partners.
- Create data dashboards and visualizations to summarize data collection activities for researchers, donors, and staff members.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to improve data architecture.
- Troubleshoot problems with data and process and proactively create solutions.
- Document processes to ensure all work is transparent and reproducible.
- Develop data quality audits and high frequency checks.
- Perform related duties assigned by your manager.
Who We're Looking For
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills are a must. While there are no specific degree requirements for this role, you might be a particularly good fit if you have a bachelor's and/or master's degree in economics, data science, statistics, behavioral or social sciences, or related fields.
- 2+ years of work experience in a related field is preferred.
- Excellent programming and data analysis skills in a statistical programming language is required (R preferred).
- Ability to manipulate data in SQL required; experience with Python preferred.
- Aptitude for problem solving and ability to work with minimal supervision to meet short deadlines and balance different tasks without sacrificing work quality.
- Experience successfully working on cross-functional teams and collaborating with diverse stakeholders.
- Initiative, resilience, and flexibility in adapting to changing context.
- Strong understanding of experimental design and causal inference.
- Experience creating data visualizations.
- Unrivaled attention to detail.
If you are on the fence about applying because you are unsure whether you are qualified, we would strongly encourage you to apply. Above all, we are looking for excellent problem solvers who are motivated to contribute to our mission and excited to join our small but growing team.
- You'll have the opportunity to do important work as part of a small, supportive team as well as opportunities for advancement and a commitment to helping staff grow.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits with full medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer a 401(k) with employer contribution, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of parental leave.
- This is a full time position, and we have a preference for candidates interested in working from our office at least 1-2 days a week (schedule of our current team). Our office will move to the Mission District in San Francisco starting in Summer 2022.
- The start date is flexible, though we'd prefer someone who could start relatively soon after receiving an offer.
About OpenResearch Lab