Project Development Analyst or Engineer
Scale Microgrid Solutions · New York, NYEngineering Environment Posted 2 days ago Claim this company
About Scale Microgrid Solutions
SMS is a rapidly growing energy company that's changing the way end-users and grid-operators think about their infrastructure. SMS designs, builds, owns, and operates microgrid systems consisting of solar PV, battery energy storage, standby power, cogeneration, smart controls and switchgear for commercial and industrial facilities. We partner with our customers to reduce and stabilize energy costs, provide economic energy resilience, and help meet sustainability goals. In addition to providing an attractive value proposition to end-users, SMS projects also offer value to the broader power system through various grid-services,
The Project Development Analyst will play a key role in building exciting microgrids across the United States. This person is responsible for empowering the Business Development team by turning identified opportunities into innovative, high-performing, and bankable projects that are ready for construction. In addition to daily project development activities, the role will involve assisting in the design and development of SMS’ processes and workflows that enable efficient project development at greater scale.
1) Size Distributed Energy Resources such as solar, batteries, generators, and cogeneration.
2) Optimize dispatch strategy of Distributed Energy Resources.
3) Use and help develop internal SMS tools and models based in excel and/or python.
4) Use 3rd party industry tools such as Helioscope, ReOpt, DER-CAM, Homer, etc. (This can be learned, experience appreciated but not a pre-requisite.)
5) Evaluate project economics based on utility savings, grid-services revenue, financing costs, etc.
6) Interface with SMS engineering, finance, and project management departments.
7) Assist BD team with proposal development, client calls, presentations, etc.
8) Work with suppliers, vendors, and contractors to establish accurate pricing.
9) Nurture relationships with internal BD peers and external channel partners.
10) Help build a department that will be key to our company’s rapid growth.
1) Undergraduate degree in engineering, finance, physics, economics, or a related field. Applicable work experience can substitute for the appropriate degree.
2) Experience working in energy, HVAC, utilities, or a related industry.
3) Project development experience is a plus.
1) Self-motivated: You thrive with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment.
2) Ownership: You are committed to seeing your projects and assignments succeed. You don’t see your job as a series of tasks to be completed upon request.
3) Curious & Engaged: You are intellectually excited about energy and you seek out opportunities to learn and grow.
4) You are comfortable giving thoughtful feedback to your peers and even supervisors.