Director of Engineering
Feasible · Emeryville, CAEngineering Environment Posted 2 days ago Claim this company
Battery Market Overview
Batteries are fundamental to our clean energy transition. In 2019, global battery production could power ~5 million EVs - that’s expected to grow 6x over 10 years. However, the equivalent of ~1 in every 6 batteries are scrapped in production. That’s ~$4 Billion of waste in 2019, due largely to a lack of good data about batteries at commercial scales. Unless we change the status quo, battery cost will remain a major barrier to affordable EVs.
Feasible, Inc. is supporting the clean energy transition by helping batteries be safer, lower cost, and higher performing. We don’t make batteries - we enable them to be better.
About Feasible, Inc.
Feasible, Inc. is a pioneer in advanced battery diagnostic. Feasible, Inc.’s EchoStat platform uses ultrasound and data analytics to deliver unique, valuable insights across the battery value chain. The EchoStat platform will enable battery manufacturers to accelerate the time-to-market for new batteries, decrease production costs, improve quality and performance, and create a more circular economy by making it economically viable to repurpose old EV batteries.
The company’s founders came from Princeton University, and were part of the Department of Energy’s prestigious Cyclotron Road program. Since its inception, Feasible has received a total of $7 M in grants and seed round funding from NSF, DOE (ARPA-e), Elemental Excelerator, Chrysalix Ventures, Incite Labs, and other private investors.
Founded in 2016, Feasible is based in the Bay Area and headquartered in Emeryville, CA.
Our Culture and Values
Feasible is dedicated to building a world-class company that aims to improve the world and the environment.
- We work closely on a foundation of mutual trust and data-driven decisions.
- We value personal growth, continuous learning, safety, and inclusion.
- We believe the most innovative teams are ones that are inclusive and celebrate all forms of diversity.
Role and Responsibilities
As a key member of the leadership team, the Director of Engineering will be a hands-on leader who will work closely with everyone across the organization be responsible for leading all engineering efforts in the successful development, validation, and launch of our products.
The successful candidate has a strong technical background and is comfortable working with business and technical teams at various levels. S/he enjoys mentoring junior engineers, drawing from significant hands-on experience bringing early-stage product concepts to market. This leader enjoys wearing multiple hats, growing and learning alongside the company, and values careful listening, thoughtful questions, and data-driven discussions.
- Work with leadership team to develop a holistic product roadmap and translate it into product requirements, prototypes, and engineering timelines.
- Lead the execution of our product development strategy by managing build schedules, helping identify and solve engineering challenges, and following up on work results.
- Build long-term relationships with customers across their organization to determine their needs, define technical specifications, and develop validation plans.
- Clarify trade-offs between product specifications and capabilities, prioritize development efforts, and update the product roadmap based on customer feedback.
- Guide engineering team in developing Design of Experiments (DOE) to diagnose and troubleshoot engineering issues. Ask targeted questions to quickly understand root causes and identify solutions.
- Collaborate to ensure successful development and launch of a product that meets customer requirements.
- Travel to customer sites to run evaluations, as needed.
- Establish robust processes for design, documentation, FMEA, risk assessment, and functional validation of product components and assemblies.
- Passion for accelerating the global clean energy transition
- Degree in an engineering or a related field
- Hands-on experience bringing complex early-stage products to market (especially involving both hardware and software).
- 10 years of work experience within the battery, energy storage, automotive, semiconductor or related industries.
- Experience with mechatronics, robotics
- Has worked in an early-stage hard-technology startup, with deep involvement in initial customer adoption.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Adept at working with and communicating across management, engineering teams, customers, and contract manufacturers at varying levels of detail.
- Ability to think strategically and willing to roll up sleeves to troubleshoot challenges and meet product milestones.
- Must be self-directed, able to manage competing demands and tight deadlines, and persistently focused on prioritizing the delivery of value to customers.
- Competitive salary + equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Fully-paid maternity and paternity leave
- Flexible time-off policy