charity: Water · Remote
Health & Well-Being
WaterPosted 2 weeks ago
You must submit a portfolio or website of your work to be considered for this role.
Main areas of focus: User experience, User interface, Interaction design
Location: Remote - U.S. only.
Eligibility:charity: water is fully remote and hires from all 50 U.S. states. At this time, we are only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the United States without the need of company sponsorship now or in the future.
You’ll create elegant, thoughtful, and consistent product experiences for our donors that demonstrate their impact and evolve their relationship with charity: water.
As a Product Designer at charity: water, you'll be responsible for ideating, designing, testing, launching, and iterating on features that support donors and fundraisers across our platform. You'll collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Creative to ask meaningful questions and design solutions that inspire our donors and elevate the partners and people we serve. This role reports to the Head of Product and brings a perspective of product sensibility and simplifying complexity to the broader cross-functional design team, which includes design engineers and brand designers.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
● Creating user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and other tools for helping the team make product decisions
● Informing and participating in product decisions from definition to launch
●Interpreting and evolving the charity: water brand for product interfaces and contributing to the team's design language system
●Partnering with engineers to ensure a high-quality, efficient, and scalable implementation
● Helping to foster our growing cross-functional design culture through design review
YOU MUST HAVE…
● Experience taking design projects from problem definition to production and beyond
● Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and the Adobe Creative Suite
● Experience designing within an evolving design language system
● An understanding of how modern web technologies inform design (HTML, CSS, JS)
● An empathetic approach to understanding user motivations and needs with a social design lens
● A passion for learning and ability to pick things up quickly
● A passion for iterating and optimizing critical user flows
● A strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design (which you’ll attach to your application!)
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
● Experience with research and question design, especially in a social design context
● Experience working in an agile workflow
● Experience using Jira and Optimizely
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You're agile and pragmatic
You like getting things done, are disciplined about time management, and consider yourself a remover of obstacles.
You're passionate about building and improving product experiences
You enjoy nothing more than turning ideas into working code and a fulfilling user experience.
You can find the root cause of problems
You enjoy not just addressing the immediate issue, but tracking down and resolving the underlying source of the problem.
You see something that can be improved, and you don't wait for permission to fix it. You have a strong desire to make charitywater.org a world-class fundraising experience.
You hold your weight on a small team that handles a lot
We're a small and efficient staff; because of our size, every person plays an essential role in the organization.
You communicate well
You can articulate issues to team members and clearly convey how your solutions will work to address the issues we face.
The Product team is a sophisticated group of product managers and designers that collaborate with engineers, storytellers, and marketers to develop engaging digital experiences that inspire donors to help end the global water crisis.