Product Designer (UX)
Exygy · Remote (North America)
Design + UX
Health & Well-Being
Partners & Advocates
Public Service & Civic Engagement
Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development
$80000 - $90000 Per YearPosted 1 week ago
User Experience Design (UX)
Exygy is a digital innovation studio on a mission to build resilient and healthy communities. We enable impact-focused organizations to rethink experiences and create digital products that solve their problems and delight users. Our diverse team brings a breadth of technical expertise, user-centric perspectives, and product strategy to every engagement. As a certified B-Corporation, we are driven by our fierce commitment to the betterment of humanity. Our clients include CARE International, QURE Healthcare, San Francisco Mayor's Office of Housing, and Hopelab.
Exygy has embraced a work from home philosophy and we are now a remote-first company. This role can be located anywhere in the U.S and may occasionally require traveling to the San Francisco Bay Area for meetings or team building events. Exygy remains connected and engaged with virtual team events, weekly all hands meetings and regular zoom workshops and trainings.
Exygy seeks an enthusiastic, experienced, and creative Product Designer (more focused on UX) who is passionate about making a difference in the world with design and technology. Join our tight-knit and growing team to build a wide variety of high-impact projects with our civic and health sector clients. This is a full-time remote position.
As a product designer at Exygy you will spend most of your time on multiple client project teams, designing new web applications, while supporting and expanding existing projects.
You will be responsible for collaborating with other Exygy designers, product managers, and engineers in all phases of the design process - from discovery to production.
Because of Exygy’s social impact focus, our end users many times are members of under-resourced communities who may be directly impacted by the outcomes of design. This makes it critical to facilitate a process that centers their voices while celebrating the creativity and knowledge present in the community.
For this position, you should be able to support planning and conducting user research and user tests in an accessible and equitable way with members of these communities. Bringing empathetic and collaborative mindsets and processes is crucial to build relationships with the community.
You will also be co-facilitating workshops, design sprints, and ideation sessions with both clients and end users to make sure their voices are truly represented in the design direction.
You will be responsible for creating UX assets (such as sitemaps, user journeys, service blueprints, mental models, wireframes, clickable prototypes, etc), and creating mockups and style guides or working closely with a UI designer to do so. Making sure the final design assets are accessible, impactful, and equitable is an important part of our process. Since this is a client-facing role, you should also be ready to create presentations and present to clients, as well as clearly articulate design rationale and decisions to internal and external stakeholders and community members.
- Create engaging and impactful UX design solutions that successfully articulate the vision and goals of a project and solve users’ pain points. Including creating: sitemaps, user journeys and flows, mental models, service blueprints, wireframes (low and high fidelity), and clickable prototypes.
- Plan and conduct user test to get feedback from users and validate solutions: creating user test scripts, recruiting users, conducting user tests, and synthesizing findings and providing recommendations
- Create or work closely with UI designers to create high fidelity, production-ready mockups and visual assets such as style guides and design systems.
- Work with the product team and peer designers to define: UX strategy, UX metrics and KPIs, stories and acceptance criteria for design, and accessibility standards
- Support conducting or conduct user research to gain insights into users goals, motivations and challenges. Activities include: putting research plans together, recruiting users, co-facilitating user interviews, and synthesizing and presenting findings.
- Support conducting or conduct other types of research such as market research, comparative analysis, and secondary research.
- Support planning and conducting collaborative client-facing workshops such as: Design Sprints, brainstorming sessions, ideation/sketching sessions, and card sorting.
- Demonstrate best practices, thoroughness and a high level of critical thinking when presenting design decisions.
- Solicit and provide feedback from project team members relating to design and process.
- An online portfolio which demonstrates experience with UX Design across multiple verticals and platforms (mobile/web/desktop) required (if you don’t have a portfolio, you can send us links or PDFs for designs you have created and be ready to provide context/more information about them);
- Degree in Design or equivalent experience required (2+ years);
- 2+ years of hands-on professional experience as a Product/UX Designer;
- Demonstrated knowledge of human-centered design principles and processes, from discovery and ideation to design and iteration;
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and justify design strategy as it relates to solving human problems;
- Demonstrated knowledge of equitable design processes and accessibility best practices;
- Strong collaboration abilities, along with a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams;
- An active interest in design principles, tools and trends;
- A focus on both a macro and micro level in terms of design details;
- The ability to give and take constructive feedback well in order to improve and develop;
- An interest in developing skills and sharing knowledge with fellow peers and community members;
- The ability to manage time wisely, multi-task, project plan, context-switch, and keep your team up-to-date;
- Comfortable working within an agile development process;
- Knowledge of appropriate software (eg. Figma, Miro, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Suite, especially Google Slides)
Impress us with your
- Experience with the social impact industry and community-centered design
- Knowledge of equitable design processes and mindsets; how do we make sure our products and methodologies are truly equitable?
- Knowledge of human behavior and psychological factors that might impact user’s experience or deter them from completing tasks
- Knowledge of design and technology trends, emerging techniques, and sources for ongoing innovation in our work.
- Your experience in client-facing environments, working to understand requirements and collaborate on solutions
Compensation & Benefits
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $80,000 to $90,000. Exygy offers excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401(k) with employer match; professional development budget; home office budget and wifi credit; monthly wellness stipend; unlimited paid time off; profit sharing bonuses and paid volunteer time.
EEO & Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
We are actively seeking to create a diverse and equitable work environment because we believe that creates a stronger team.
Exygy values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. Exygy is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. All employees and contractors of Exygy are responsible for maintaining a work atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with dignity and respect.