Product Design Lead
Misfits Market · New York, NY/Remote (USA)
Misfits Market is a mission-driven company creating the affordable online grocery store of the future. We’re a high-growth startup whose north star is making high-quality food more accessible to more people. By tackling inefficiencies in the food system, we’ve created a new supply chain that brings value to farmers and food makers, fights food waste, and saves our customers an average of $25.17 per order. Since 2018, our passionate and motivated team of problem solvers has built a full online grocery marketplace and rescued more than 228 million pounds of food. With each new zip code we serve (we’re up to 38,000 now!), we’re one step closer to our goal of eliminating food deserts in America by 2025.
Misfits Market is looking for a Product Design Lead to help us chart the future of online grocery shopping for 300K+ diverse households around the country. You’ll work directly with senior leadership to craft our north star, and create delightful and user-friendly shopping experiences that incorporate the best practices of the e-commerce space while leaning into our uniquely “misfit” opportunities. You’ll lead and grow our Product Design team, and be a member of our highly collaborative Product team that oversees Customer / Shopping Experience, Growth Product, and Merchandising.
- Lead our core, consumer-facing experience.
- Lead new critical workstreams from end-to-end throughout the product development lifecycle, from discovery and research > wire-framing > prototyping > QA > and iteration
- You’ll manage and grow our Product Design team, and mentor junior designers
- You'll work closely with the Product team and other teams like Brand Marketing, Strategy, and Growth.
- You will also interface closely with the Engineering team to collaborate on technical requirements and handoff detailed design specifications.
- Expand our User Research practice, crafting personas so that we can better understand our members and help them save time, mental energy, and money on healthy, nourishing foods.
- You have 4+ years of experience working as a Product Designer, UI Designer, or UX Designer.
- You have a proven track record of customer-facing product design experience, ideally across high-traffic and high-frequency e-commerce products. You have experience designing for A/B tests and come from a data-driven culture.
- You have a strong knowledge of UX best practices, such as the Baymard Institute.
- You have a strong knowledge of UI design, design systems, components, design principles, and best practices across mobile and desktop websites and apps. You preferably have a strong understanding of Figma and are familiar with Figma features and plugins.
- You have experience taking projects end-to-end throughout the product development lifecycle.
- You have experience conducting design research and building interactive prototypes with Figma, Invision, or similar tools.
- You have excellent written communication and presentation skills, know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in an agile team.
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work environment
- Monthly Stipend to spend on Misfits Market
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plan options
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefit