Frontend Software Engineer
Switchboard · Washington, DC (or remote)
As a frontend software engineer, you’ll play a foundational role in developing the initial web applications for Switchboard, including defining many of our core user experiences and interactions. You’ll work on a range of applications, from building easy to use tools for supporter outreach such as our Switchboard SMS product, to organizing complex data into useful reporting and visuals for campaigns. You'll also help define the direction of future tools we build, which could cover a wide of digital needs for campaigns, such as systems to quickly deploy new websites or forms with customizable designs and new experiences. Ideal candidates should be comfortable jumping into new areas, scoping projects, and executing on them. As a member of our small team, you’ll take on significant ownership over large parts of our codebase that are critical to the success of the product.
- Develop web applications to support the needs of campaign staffers, sometimes deploying existing open source projects and other times developing new tools from scratch.
- Define the user experience and interactions across our suite of tools, focusing on effectiveness, consistency, usability, and performance.
- Collaborate with team members and campaign staffers outside the org to define, implement, and test new features and tools.
- Help establish and contribute to a positive engineering culture, with best practices around testing, code quality, security, and automation to help reduce errors and maintenance costs.
Ideal Candiates Will:
- Have 3+ years experience building and designing web applications, with an eye towards usability, consistency, and performance.
- Have experience using data and/or user research to help inform and evaluate how aspects of a product are working.
- Communicate effectively within teams and with outside partners.
- Be comfortable taking on projects in areas to them, learning quickly to develop expertise and execute on those projects.
$125k-$175k annual salary depending on experience. All Switchboard full time employees additionally recieve an equity grant in the company and company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage.
We believe the best products are built by diverse teams where everyone’s perspectives are heard and respected. We strongly encourage Black, Latinx, and LGBTQ+ candidates, women, and members of other underrepresented groups to apply. Even if you’re not sure if you’re the right fit for the role, we strongly encourage you to apply!
Interested candidates should email [email protected] with a resume and/or links to online profiles (GitHub, LinkedIn, etc). Please use the subject line: "Frontend Software Engineer - Tech Jobs For Good". No cover letter is required—thanks for your interest!