Software Engineering Manager - Node.js/React
Bonterra · Remote, USA / Atlanta, GA / Washington, DC / Austin, TX
Are you a passionate innovator looking to harness the power of technology to do more good? You’ve come to the right place. At Bonterra, our purpose is to power those who power social impact. To that end, we serve the people who make social good possible—the doers behind the scenes across nonprofits, public agencies, corporations, philanthropic organizations, and foundations.
As the second-largest and fastest-growing social good software company in the world, Bonterra brings together leading solutions from CyberGrants, EveryAction, Network for Good, Social Solutions, and their respective entities. By bringing our intuitive technology and expertise together, Bonterra will enable unprecedented connectivity between social good organizations and their community of supporters and constituents. This will reshape philanthropic giving, empower digital transformation, and bring the social good sector the technology it needs to accelerate lasting social change.
We are currently operating as a remote workforce and have equipped our teams with the technology to stay connected to each other and our customers.
Responsibilities & Requirements
In this position, you will play a crucial role in executing on our ongoing SaaS software development activities, driving operational excellence through a strong dev-ops culture, and delighting our clients by building world-class software.
The successful candidate will have exceptional software development skills and demonstrated experience in a leadership role within a software development team. We are looking for a proven ability to execute on software projects, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambitious, initiatives that will be industry defining
What You'll Do:
- Own, oversee, and execute the development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale software applications.
- Mentor and coach a team of software engineers.
- Recruit, retain and develop exceptional engineering talent
- Deliver robust and scalable solutions, incorporating in new technologies as appropriate.
- Use Agile project management methodologies to provide technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Ensure successful and timely completion of projects.
- Cultivate a positive company culture that values cross team collaboration and trust.
Who You Are:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 7+ years of Software Development experience including design patterns, data structures, and test driven development
- 3+ years of experience building and leading strong engineering teams.
- Experience working in a fast paced, collaborative environment utilizing the efficiencies of an Agile, fail fast mentality
What Sets You Apart:
- 2+ years of software development experience as a hands-on manager.
- Experience building large-scale, durable and reliable web applications in a cloud environment
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud based distributed software design and development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time.
- A passion for hands-on mentorship of engineers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Deep understanding of relational data modeling & practical experience with RDBMS
A Glimpse of the Technology You’ll Use:
- Must have: Node.js, TypeScript, React, AWS
- Nice to have: GraphQL, Docker, PHP, C#, .NET
Our team is made up of industry experts and advocates who are 100% committed to supporting the doers of social good. We are currently undergoing an effort to create the vision and values that embody our collective organization and embrace the individuals who make up our community.
Some of our comprehensive and competitive benefits include:
- Generous PTO policy
- Equity for ALL regular, full-time employees from individual contributors to management – share in our success!
- Up to 15 paid company holidays including some commemorating social justice events and self-care
- Paid volunteer time
- Resources for savings and investments
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs.
- Opportunities to learn, develop, network, and connect
- When we can—company-sponsored events and swag!!