The American Institute of Chemical Engineers · New York, NY
Ever eat an Impossible Burger, cooked plant-based chicken, or recycle a plastic water bottle? There isn’t a facet of modern life that chemical engineers haven’t touched.
Chemical engineers have been part of almost every major development from plastics and fibers to unleaded gasoline to solar power and medicines. If it’s modern, chemical engineers helped make it happen.
AIChE is a professional society of more than 60,000 chemical engineers in 110 countries. Its members work in corporations, universities and government, using their knowledge of chemical and biological processes to develop safe and useful products for the benefit of society. We support key industry needs in a variety of technology by creating professional communities in areas related to chemical and biological engineering; identification of gaps and barriers in implementation of technology, and identification of needed research to the technology domains including chemical process development, biological engineering, bioprocessing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, process intensification, process development, materials research and nano-technology.
The Business Analyst is responsible for administration of AIChE’s operational business systems, including the Association Management System and Lead/Contact Management System. The Business Analyst will be a team player and subject matter expert on assigned systems by continuously self-learning using documentation and user groups.
Under the direction of the Manager, IT Solutions, the Business Analyst will achieve the following objectives:
- Configure and Administer assigned systems (including but not limited to Personify 360 and Salesforce)
- Query and update back-end databases of assigned systems using SQL & scripting
- Evaluate new configurations of assigned systems to meet business needs; develop and document standard operating procedures for new configurations
- Maintain product management in Association Management System (AMS) from set-up thru modification and closure across all subsystems
- Manage tickets for business requests for configuring assigned systems; proactively communicate progress and time to completion
- Develop and impart training for business staff to use assigned systems, in both written and verbal/hands-on formats
- Gather and analyze business requirements and propose how assigned systems could meet needs
- Prepare and execute plans to test new versions, configurations & functionalities before they are released to the live environment
- Project management: plan timelines, implement projects and complete milestones
- Meticulous organizational and scheduling skills
- Relationship management with multiple levels of stakeholders in a team-oriented environment
- Adapt to new situations and quickly problem solve
- Affinity for technical learning and application
- Advanced SQL, including Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Cursors; Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio a plus
- MS Office Suite: PowerPoint, Advanced Excel, Word, Outlook, Zoom and Teams
- Salesforce a plus
- Knowledge of Personify/TIMMS or similar association management system a plus
- Crystal Reports a plus
- Planning & Organizational Skills
- Strong Communication Skills (verbal & written)
- Active Listening Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
Education & Work Experience Required
- Minimum High School diploma required; Associates degree in Computer Science a plus or equivalent technical experience
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
The position is located at the corporate office in NYC; the Business Analyst will travel to the satellite office in Connecticut on an as needed basis.
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.