Software Engineering, Internship - Fall 2022
Center for Policing Equity · Remote (US)
About Data Driven Interventions (DDI):
Produces data informed products and reports that give LEAs the tools they need to create change in their departments and create more equitable public safety.
CPE is seeking dynamic, part-time (up to 15 hours/week) interns with a passion for social justice issues to join our team! Interns will work closely with CPE staff to support our justice, science, field engagement or program management initiatives. CPE's internship is designed to develop and cultivate interpersonal & professional skills.
Location: Remote, within the United States
Program Dates: August 15 - December 9, 2022
Responsibilities include making product feature enhancements, bug fixes, and writing tests, along with other duties depending on skill set and interest.
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms
- Superior attention to detail
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote environment
- Preference for rising junior or senior with a passion for social justice issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in G Suite, specifically Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Passionate about social justice issues
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Resume/CV (REQUIRED)
- Cover Letter (REQUIRED)