Product Manager, Healthcare Data Products
Flatiron Health · New York, NY
We're looking for a Product Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
The HealthCare Data Products team is specifically focused on providing rich data to cancer practices to help them make better decisions and improve on all clinical and organization aspects of cancer care. You will work closely with the largest community oncology practices in the country to help them improve cancer outcomes.
What You'll Do
The successful candidate will own the vision and technical roadmap for helping oncology practices operate effectively and make business decisions through superior analytics and data access. This involves all aspects of Flatiron HC’s data strategy, including interactive reports, bulk data products, and future products such as a data warehouse. You will collaborate closely with the technical team to identify key problems that can be solved with existing or future technology. You will collaborate with other product managers and teams to build out a sustainable interoperability ecosystem.
In addition you will:
- Own aligning our business strategy and metrics with our product development efforts and leading an engineering team from design through successful rollout
- Manage and drive software projects with high technical risk and high coordination complexity
- Create detailed roadmaps, prioritize relentlessly, and communicate trade-offs internally
- Identify and fix process gaps around execution, roll-out, and ongoing support of software projects
- Communicate and evangelize the value of technical infrastructure to the business stakeholders
Who You Are
You're a Product Manager with at least 2 years of experience in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- Have past experience working with complex data products and pipelines, in an engineering or product capacity
- You have Product Management experience, especially building data or vendor ecosystems
- You have BA/BS degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- You have strong project management skills and excellent organizational and communication skills
- You have a strong understanding of software projects’ development, roll-out, and support risks
- You have strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Dedicated Product Management learning process - ongoing book-based and on-the-job learning, including iterating our approach to product discovery, strategy, goal setting, etc
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
COVID-19: Pursuant to Flatiron's health and safety protocol relating to COVID-19, candidates selected for hire must disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status and must be fully vaccinated in order to access our offices or travel to customer sites, subject to legally required exemptions for disability or sincerely-held religious belief. Flatiron will engage in an interactive process as appropriate for the particular position. For external-facing roles, especially those involving contact with vulnerable individuals, accommodations for unvaccinated status may not be feasible.