Lead, Product Design
Wethos · Remote (USA)
Partners & AdvocatesPosted 6 days ago
User Experience Design (UX)
Our vision is to put more money into the pockets of independents everywhere.
Wethos is cofounded and led by a designer, which means we believe deeply in the importance of design and have put user experience at the forefront of our decision-making from day one. We’re looking for an innovative, experienced leader to take our product to the next level and ensure we are easy to use, easy to understand, and our customers love us. You’ll be a key member of the team, leading design projects of significant scope, complexity and responsibility. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent communication, organizational, and critical thinking skills. You’ll report directly into our Head of Product, and collaborate closely with our Directors and CEO.
We founded Wethos because 95% of freelancers don’t break six figures, and as former freelancers ourselves, this problem is personal for us. This role presents a unique opportunity to design cutting-edge software, spanning from crowdsourced pricing recommendations to our first-of-its-kind embedded banking and payments stack, making freelance is a more viable and lucrative career for hundreds of millions of people. Our company is fully remote and this position is US & Canada based.
You will be responsible for:
- Taking Wethos’ product to the next level by ensuring we are easy to use, easy to understand, and our customers love us.
- Working with a best in class team who uses cutting edge methods to drive the best experience for our users, and longevity for our business.
- Delivering our crowd-sourced pricing data in new and innovative ways to help freelancers win better projects and take home bigger paychecks.
- Leading various UX initiatives including running design sprints to define and explore user problems, content mapping, sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews
- Applying expert knowledge of the end-to-end product design process, demonstrating a command of product strategy, distilling the jobs to be done for a given user.
- Understanding user lifecycle stages to create designs that drive more consistency, simplicity, and learnability to existing features.
- Maintaining and evolving a comprehensive design system, working closely with back-end developers to construct a more holistic approach to the relationships and dependencies between features as well as how those decisions impact usability for our end users.
- Measuring and improving metrics with a deep understanding how user experience and design decisions impact the business.
- Executing on user research in collaboration with product and product marketing, participating heavily in our existing user research program. You’ll run sessions with users to elicit useful qualitative feedback, synthesizing results, and applying them to design decisions.
- Working with cross-functional teams (developers, product managers, product marketers) to drive design vision and strategy that meets the needs of our users
- Applying strategic thinking to visualize concepts and communicate them effectively to internal stakeholders, partners and customers
- Help others deepen empathy for our users and advocate for their needs through effective storytelling and data-backed insights
This role is for you if you have:
- 4-6 years of product design experience, ideally within fintech or consumer applications
- The ability to craft beautiful designs and delightful, useful, and learnable experiences; you have strengths in interaction and product design
- Deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working with cross-functional teams including development, product management, and product marketing
- Proficient in product design tools such as Figma and Whimsical
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale
- Bonus points if you’re a strong writer
Members of identity groups who have been excluded in society for centuries tend to read a job description and not apply unless they believe that they fit 100% of the listed responsibilities. Do not allow such a thought to stop you from applying to this role. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, LGBTQ2IA+, or any other historically excluded groups are encouraged to apply.
Wethos is a fully remote company in the United States and Canada. You should be remote within a time zone that is manageable for collaboration across CST and EST.
At Wethos, we work alongside people who put our users at the heart of every decision we make—diverse minds who celebrate new ideas, share our values, and the commitment we have for putting more money into the pockets of independents everywhere. We create an environment that gives our people space and freedom, where they can grow as leaders and deliver work they're proud of.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A range of medical, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna (Wethos covers 50% of plan costs)
Flexible paid time off and quarterly mental health days
A remote work stipend
A retirement savings plan
Equity in the company
Annual company retreats
You will love working at Wethos if:
You’re a people person - You sincerely desire to help others, love engaging with people, and find ways to make their experience satisfying.
You’re agile - You aspire to be a part of a fast-growing tech platform where the only constant is change and attention to detail is a must. You’re not afraid to try something new and use any missteps as a learning opportunity.
You’re a problem-solver - You resolve challenges that make our team’s experience better, and have the ability to analyze processes and put together action plans for meaningful impact on our business operations.
You work collaboratively - While we promote autonomy and taking on projects independently, you work well with other departments and senior stakeholders across time zones, while working remotely.
You enjoy contributing to a larger mission - You have a passionate connection to Wethos’ core values, rooted in the empowerment of freelancers, collaboration, pay equity, and diversity.
You’re a life-long learner: you believe there is always something new you can learn, regardless of how much knowledge or experience you’ve accumulated over the years.
You focus on what is right, not who: You set aside ego and work well with others to identify new opportunities or solutions. You’re able to disagree and commit to others ideas by enthusiastically contributing to the success of ideas that are not your own.