Healthwise · Boise, ID or Remote
The Database Administrator/Architect is responsible for all aspects of databases at Healthwise. They will be accountable for designing, implementing, and operating the database layer supporting Healthwise solutions. This individual interacts with all levels of the technology organization to align database strategy, operations, and development with technology objectives. They own the uptime, reliability, and availability of the Healthwise-hosted database platform and take a lead role to develop a strategy to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data stored in Healthwise-hosted databases. Healthwise is a “Microsoft shop” and most/all solutions are cloud hosted.
EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Expectations and responsibilities of the DBA include, but are not limited to:
- Self-driven. Anticipates potential problems and works to solve underlying issues before trouble starts.
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing operations, applications, and programming.
- Develops database solutions, including functional capabilities, security, backup, and recovery specifications, in collaboration with the development and operations teams.
- Proactively maintains database performance by finding and resolving production and application development problems.
- Collaborates with developers to create and enforce database development standards, including the development and maintenance of indexes, storage, procedures, and queries for applications.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommends technologies to achieve desired database performance.
- Provides inspiration, expertise, and leadership in database technologies across our organization while leading the organization in the adoption of new database technologies.
- Works proactively with the operations team to administer the database infrastructure and resolve challenging performance issues.
- Innovates, creates, and produces technological solutions for our clients to help the people they serve make better health decisions.
- Documents processes – builds out the Healthwise documentation library RE: databases/best practices.
- Follows protocols using enterprise-wide source control (GIT).
- Takes on other duties as assigned.
- Preferably have 5-10 years in database administration plus development experience.
- Preferably have experience working with cloud-hosted databases.
- Interested in growing professionally in the data realm.
- You are known for a “can do” work ethic – “wait and see” is not in your vocabulary.
- TSQL and PowerShell knowledge used for database management.
- Fantastic communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Demonstrable success working in agile development environments.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills. Security is always top priority.
- Passionate about database technologies and developing great software that helps deliver on our mission.
- Success in delivering SaaS products operating in 24/7 “always on” environments.
- A Microsoft DB expert who enjoys dabbling in a variety of other DB technologies such as NoSQL, Cosmos DB, Azure Synapse, etc. – a database ninja who thrives applying their knowledge with a love of learning new technologies.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of database solutions.
- All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
- Healthwise requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for employment.
Position Pay Range: $100,000-$120,000 annually, DOE (plus on-call compensation)
Position Benefits: Healthwise offers a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that includes, Medical and Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurances, HSA and FSA plans, domestic partner coverage, 401k and more. Coverage is effective the 1st of the month following your hire date.
In addition to generous time off programs including, sick, vacation and paid holidays, Healthwise operates on a 4-day work week and supports flexible, hybrid and remote work arrangements. To learn more, visit: www.healthwise.org/about.aspx
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the
essential functions satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
Healthwise is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request through one of the methods listed below:
Attn: Human Resources
2601 Bogus Basin Road
Boise, ID 83702