Front-End Software Engineer
Momentum · San Francisco, CA
About the job
We help nonprofits fundraise to reduce suffering and improve the world. We're building a psychology-based donation platform that increases subscription donations by tying donations to things people do and care about. Join us and help charities do more good.
We are growing our engineering team to scale the product from supporting 50k donors today to serving as the recurring donation infrastructure of the internet. We're looking for someone to join our three senior engineers to help with the development of a new back-end and building out new frontend features.
In this role, you will:
- Architect and implement responsive websites while making sound UI/UX decisions.
- Be comfortable both with solving technical problems from scratch, and with leveraging tools and libraries.
- Produce high quality code while considering both technical factors (performance, extensibility, etc.) and product factors (user experience, business goals, etc.).
Our ideal hire likely...
- Experienced the challenges and joys working at a growing startup
- Managed and maintained production code at increasing scales
- Owns and drives front-end project from end to end
- Feels strongly motivated by our mission
- Communicates complex problems and proposes solutions, in writing and in conversation
Technical Qualifications, In Priority Order
- Experience in software engineering using frontend web technologies (we use React and TypeScript, but are open to applicants with experience in other technologies).
- We use React, but are not worried about what you've worked in
- Able to write high quality, well documented, and maintainable code
- Can empathize with our clients needs and work with design and product to make their experience meaningful
- Can own a frontend project from end-to-end with a designer and senior product manager on your side
- Takes vaguely formed product brief & makes it clear, asks questions & makes a working output.
- Experience with independently handling UI/UX small issues
- Can empathize with our clients' needs & work with design and product to make their experience meaningful.
Our engineering team:
You'll be joining a small but growing engineering team. We currently have three senior software engineers, and we're looking to bring on two more engineers right now. As you're joining early, you'll get to help shape the culture, but here are some of the values of our current engineering team:
- Code isn't just a set of instructions for machines, but communication with other humans; style, elegance, and respect are important.
- The tools we build have real-world consequences for millions of people and take that responsibility seriously.
- Security is at the center of everything we do. We are always on the lookout for ways to further harden our platform.
- Balancing paying off technical debt and rapidly completing a features contributes to the health of the codebase, engineering team, and organization.
- Being correct isn't enough - respect for your colleagues and users is fundamental.
Benefits And Compensation
We don't think that money should be the main reason you join Momentum (that should be our team, our mission, and our culture!) That said, we do offer a generous compensation package:
- Competitive salary and generous equity (tailored to your preferences)
- Fully paid trans-inclusive health, dental and vision insurance
- Stipend for computer and home office setup
- Professional development resources
Momentum's headquarters are located in San Francisco, CA. Due to COVID-19 we are currently fully remote, but we will expect everyone to relocate to the SF bay area once it is safe to work in person (we can help with relocation).
People in minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Research shows that you may focus on how you don't meet our requirements. If you know you're talented and are passionate about helping people, please apply even if you don't meet every requirement!
Momentum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Our software helps people from every background, and we are dedicated to building a company that reflects that. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our culture and product will be for everyone.